27 SHS Students in Kwabre East Test HIV positive – Heath Director discloses
The Municipal Health Director, Mrs Elsie Kissi-Appiah has disclosed the rise of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and is urging residents to be careful and take measures to protect themselves.
At a presentation organized by the Ministry of Local Government and Decentralization and Rural Development, she announced ‘It is sad to inform you that twenty-seven SHS students have contracted HIV/ AIDS due to unprotected sex and multiple sex partners. Teenage pregnancy is also on the increase’,.
Collins Ntim, the Deputy Local Government Minister, was worried about the situation. Hence, called on stakeholders to step out of their game.
According to the Minister, the government is also interested in providing free antiretroviral drugs and one can go for them.
This follows the revelation by the Programme Manager of the National STIs and HIV/AIDS Control Programme. According to Dr Stephen Ayisi Addo that 23,495 people tested positive for HIV in the first half of this year.
As of December 2021, the approximate population of HIV-positive persons in the country was 350,000. Out of this number, only 71 per cent being identified by the control programme.
Of that number 99 per cent were on treatment as of June 2022. This represents over 245,000 people.
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Gunshots in Bawku again as police worried residents reluctant to volunteer info
- Deadly Weekend: Groom crashes to death on way to wedding
- Jealous groom beats male wedding guest for tightly hugging his bride (Video)
- Drink water if you can’t afford the new prices of alcohol – GIHOC Boss tells Ghanaians
- Gov’t extends deadline for SIM card re-registration
- Ho: 12 Commercial sex workers arrested
- Video evidence of street robbery at Adenta SSNIT Flat area
- Regularly monitor your bank account balances; report any suspicious transactions – BoG urges
- Ghanaians Face Punishing New Levy On Electronic Payments
- E LEVY CHARGES ON MOBILE MONEY IN GHANA 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED