December 27th, 2023 at 06:43 am
University of Toronto Metro International Excellence Awards 2024
The Metro International Secondary Academy Award of Excellence, which is given to domestic or foreign undergraduate students starting their first year of study based on academic merit, is proudly announced by the University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto provides an unmatched range of learning opportunities and encounters. Find out what is required of you depending on your academic background and the requirements for U of T’s undergraduate entrance. Find out about the prerequisites for each particular program, the English language requirements, the information on transfer credits, and the deadlines for applications.
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Toronto, Canada
- Scholarships to be taken at: University of Toronto, Canada
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Scholarship Worth: $5,000 and two additional awards of $2,500
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Eligible Nationality: Domestic and international students
Programs for undergrads
- Actuarial Science
- Advanced Manufacturing
- African Studies
- American Studies
- Animal Physiology
- Anthropology (HBA)
- Anthropology (HBSc)
- Applied Climatology
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Architectural Studies
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Biological Chemistry
- Biological Physics
- Biology (Health Sciences Stream)
- Biomedical Communications
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Physics
- Biomedical Toxicology
- Cinema Studies
- City Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Classical Civilization
- Classical Studies
- Classics (Greek and Latin)
- Cognitive Science (HBA)
- Cognitive Science (HBSc)
- Communication, Culture, Information, and Technology
- Comparative Physiology
- Computer Engineering
All applicants for the University of Toronto Metro International Secondary Academy Awards 2024–2025 must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Depending on academic performance, the applicant will be classified as a domestic or international undergraduate student commencing their first year of study.
- Graduates of the Metro International Secondary Academy will be given preference.
- English Language Requirement: It may be necessary for applicants to submit documentation proving they fulfill the University of Toronto’s minimal standards for English language competency.
- The student with the highest average will get one $5,000 reward.
- There will be two more $2,500 scholarships given out based on academic merit.
Qualifications for Admission
Select your academic background from the list of options below, then use the Program Finder to check the entrance requirements for the program you want to pursue. Apart from fulfilling the standard conditions for admission to the university, you might also need to submit a personal statement or declaration of interest or provide certain subject prerequisites.
We extend provisional admission offers to eligible candidates with any kind of educational background. We will base our provisional admission decision on your midyear results from this year and your final results from last year if you are presently enrolled in a post-secondary program or secondary school.
To learn about the prerequisites for admission to the Medical Radiation Sciences, Nursing, and Physician Assistant programs, go to Professional and Graduate Programs.
Language Requirements in English
At U of T, exams and instruction are conducted in English, thus competency in the language is essential for success in our degree programs.
If English is not your first language—that is, it was not the first language you learned at home when you were a child—you will, unless you are exempt, need to show that you have sufficient English proficiency to be considered for admission.
If any of the following describes you, you may be excluded from the English facility requirement:
- You have finished or are currently finishing four or more years of full-time education in an English-taught, accredited Canadian school (in Canada).
- You have studied for four or more years at a full-time English language school in a nation where English is the primary language.
- You have studied full-time at a Canadian school for four or more years, and your first language is French.
- After completing your application for admission, you must fill out the “English Language Test Exemption Request Form” if you meet any of the exemption requirements mentioned above. After you receive your U of T acknowledgment email, you can access the form on the JOIN U of T applicant website. It is advised to submit the form well in advance of the document deadline, along with any necessary supporting evidence (such as transcripts).
- All applicants must submit a senior-level English course (equivalent to Ontario ENG4U/EAE4U) to be considered for admission to any undergraduate degree, even those who must provide documentation of their English proficiency. The applicant’s admission average will be computed using the English course outcome, which will be taken into account during the admissions process.
Examinations and Certifications That Offer Credible Proof of English Proficiency
If you must demonstrate your proficiency in the English language, you can meet the requirement by passing any of the qualifications or examinations below with satisfactory results. For this purpose, we will not accept your Grade 12 English test results, your results from any other English course or exam, or letters of recommendation from your work or school.
You may be eligible for one of our English Language Transition Programs if you fulfill the prerequisites for admission and the program, but not the English language requirements of the university.
To find out if you need to provide proof of your proficiency in English, get in touch with University Admissions and Outreach (external link).
It is highly recommended that you finish the test and send us your results well in advance of the stated dates. Your exam results may not get to University Admissions and Outreach for a few weeks after they are made public.
Sending in Your Results
We must receive your results by the deadline for submitting supporting paperwork, which may be found under Important Application Dates (external link). Please send us your results as soon as possible. If we obtain an acceptable result by the deadline, you won’t be fined for an unacceptable result.
Only official exam results that the testing organization sends directly to University Admissions and Outreach are accepted.
Make sure you enter the same first name (given), surname (last or family name), birthdate, and gender on the exam registration form as you did on your admissions application. If this information is different, we are unable to connect your application to your results.
The University reserves the right to provide results of any English facility test(s) you submit with your application for admission to other English facility test providers who have supplied results to University Admissions and Outreach on your behalf for verification. For verification purposes, we also retain the right to request current, official picture identification.
How To Apply?
To enroll at the University of Toronto, interested and qualified candidates must apply. Along with directions on how to send your academic transcripts and any other necessary papers, the application page also provides details on how to monitor the progress of your application once you’ve submitted it.
Application Period: Open (Every year)
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED