Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Project Manager, Tech for Development at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change.
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
Do you thrive on driving the end to end delivery of transformative projects? We are looking to hire an exceptional project manager (PM) with experience and expertise across technology and government advisory. The PM will implement a suite of data management products for Government, advising and supporting their application in Ghana. The post holder will thereafter work on the application of technology and innovations across public services, agriculture, health and climate.
The post holder will report to the Head of Tech for Development, Ghana, joining a team of new hires focussed on our tech for development initiative. This team will work with the wider existing embedded team in Ghana, forming a team with enormous potential for further impact.
This is a key role requiring an exceptional candidate with relevant expertise, deep networks with government and/or industry in country or other peer countries.
- Tech transformation country programmes managed to deliver expected results, delivered in tech for development, such as deployment of solutions ranging from the current pandemic response and digital health offer, to proximate use cases such as digital payments, digital ID;
- Establishing effective and trusted relationships with senior politicians and bureaucrats in government, in service of project delivery and sustainability; and
- Expenditure in line with budget.
- Planning: Working closely with Head of Tech for Development, Ghana, design, maintain and continually improve country project plans and tools to roll out our initiative from one tech domain to another, with one ministry or more, across government and in country with other stakeholders.
- Execution and Monitoring: Establish, review and maintain project goals, plans, proof points and KPIs. Report and engage with Country Head for Ghana, and our Global Director Tech for Development, and his/her team to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage roll-out. Where relevant, ensure expenditure is utilised in line with budget with robust management accounts and accountability established. Ensure all necessary risk, legal and financial compliance and processes are followed.
- Government Relations: Establish effective and trusted relationships in government, in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and in service of our tech for development initiative.
- People: Support or lead to recruit, manage team staff, as required. The post holder will be expected to build strong working relationships.
- External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech hubs/incubators, investors, other not for profit organisations, media, suppliers and agencies.
- One TBI: The post holder will formally report into Head of Tech for Development Ghana and will work closely with the Country Head, Ghana, and the wider tech for development teams in London and other countries.
We are looking for an experienced project manager:
- Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met;
- With experience in business operations, technology, consulting or advisory functions;
- With an in-depth understanding of the tech policy and regulatory environment in practise;
- With some experience in public affairs or government relations;
- With excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground;
- With proven understanding of relevant policy contexts and how to influence policy and communicate with Government;
- With a bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience; and
- With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in management consulting or government advisory.
The following is also desirable:
- Experience in government, and/or delivery of technology-enabled projects in Ghana.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 1 Nov, 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED