National Project Coordinator Ghana and Project Manager
The German Association of Rural Women (div-Landfrauen gGmbH) with its 500.000 members is the biggest women organization in rural areas of Germany. The organization advocates for the amelioration of the social, economic, and legal status of women in rural Germany. Additionally, the div is the professional organization of German women in farming and the agricultural business sector
In Ghana, since 2017, the div-Landfrauen gGmbH is focused on strengthening farmer associations, women in rural areas in the processing activities through nutrition education, lobbying, and advocacy and exchange visits. This project has its operational areas in the Volta, Oti, Bono East, Greater Accra, and Northern region is commissioned under the German Federal Ministry of Economic Development and Cooperation (SMZ) in collaboration with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The office is located in Accra.
The project assistant will support the national project coordinator of the German Association of Rural women in contributing to the implementation of the project objectives and indicators. The project assistant will perform administrative, finance and organizational activities under the supervision of the national project coordinator and the project manager in Germany.
- Assist the national coordinator in the planning and steering of project activities in Ghana through the div-Landfrauen gGmbH office.
- Ensure administrative procedures of project activities according to the project’s administrative manual (like checking to prepare of the voucher, invitation of offers and other documents, update of bankbook/cashbook, organize/prepare premise for a meeting, etc.)
- Under the supervision of the national coordinator, keep up-to-date records of all project accounting documents
- Review and process reimbursement. Monitor the availability of office equipment and training materials and carry out
- procurement procedures
- Ensure relevant data of high quality is produced in time
- Ensure good and transparent communication with the national coordinator, dlv Landfrauen gGmbH office in Germany and div-Landfrauen gGmbH project partners
Be willing to travel to project operating areas in the Northern region, Volta, Greater Accra, Oti, and Bono East regions occasionally
- Perform any task assigned by the project coordinator and div-gGmbH office in Germany
Required Skills and Experience:
The project assistant should have
- A degree or technical expertise in Administration, Finance, and Accounting or any related field.
- At least 3 years proven and progressive working experience in finance and administration of international projects
- Experience or good knowledge in project management
- Attention to details with the ability to spot numerical errors Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- English (fluent in spoken and written)
- Experience in working with women and in rural settings
- Experience in working with international or donor programmes or agencies • Computer literate with good command over MS word, excel and PowerPoint applications
- Good communication and interpersonal skill Good report writing skills
How to apply
Interested and suitable applicants should submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), supporting documents, and a one-page motivation letter to [email protected] not later than 26 July 2020. Kindly include Project Assistant in the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED