November 12th, 2023 at 08:40 am
Study In Netherlands: Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Programme 2024–25
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) provides bright and driven students from African countries with the extraordinary chance to earn a Master’s degree from Wageningen University while also helping to strengthen the continent’s institutional capabilities.
About the Wageningen University
In the Netherlands, Wageningen University, which is a component of Wageningen University & Research, is the only university that specializes in the subject of “healthy food and living environment.” We accomplish this by collaborating closely with the corporate community and governmental bodies.
Because our research and instruction are grounded on a fundamental scientific perspective, they are heavily focused on practical application. The natural and social sciences, among other specialized fields, work closely together to accomplish this. This enables Wageningen University to acquire a comprehensive understanding of real-world societal issues, like:
- climate change
- unhealthy lifestyles
- the continued pressure on our natural environment
- animal welfare
Our workspace is the entire planet.
Globally engaged researchers work at Wageningen University, which also welcomes students from more than 100 nations.
A division of Wageningen University & Research is Wageningen University. Wageningen University and other research institutes make up Wageningen University & Research. There are locations for Wageningen University & Research all around the Netherlands. The Wageningen Campus employs a sizable number of professors, instructors, and other staff members.
The research and education offered by Wageningen University are highly regarded. The number of students has grown dramatically in recent years. For the sixteenth consecutive year, students in the Reference Guide for Higher Education in the Netherlands rated Wageningen as the top institution in 2021. The fact that Wageningen University is ranked in the top 6 of the relevant citation indexes for its field is a testament to the high caliber of its research.
- Agroecology (double degree)
- Animal Breeding and Genetics (double degree)
- Animal Sciences
- Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management
- Biobased Sciences
- Biosystems Engineering
- Climate Studies
- Communication, Health and Life Sciences
- Consumer Studies
- Data Science for Food and Health
- Development and Rural Innovation
- Earth and Environment
- Economics of Sustainability
- Environmental Sciences
- Food Quality Management
- Food Safety
- Food Studies (European)
- Food Technology
- Food Technology (online)
- Forest and Nature Conservation
- Geo-information Science
- Geographical Information Management and Applications (joint degree)
- Governance of Sustainability Transformations
- Health Management in Aquaculture (double degree)
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development (double degree)
- International Development Studies
- International Land and Water Management
- Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Management, Economics and Consumer Studies
- Metropolitan Analysis, Design, and Engineering (joint degree)
- Molecular Life Sciences
- Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health (online)
- Nutrition and Health
- Plant Biotechnology
- Plant Breeding (online)
- Plant Sciences
- Resilient Farming and Food Systems (Organic Agriculture)
- Sustainable Business and Innovation
- Sustainable Supply Chain Analytics
- Tourism, Society and Environment
- Urban Environmental Management
- Water Technology (joint degree)
- Host: Wageningen University
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Level of study: Masters
- International students are eligible to apply.
General ELigibilty Criteria:
- You were born in an African nation.
- You applied before the deadline for one of Wageningen University & Research’s master’s programs.
- You have been accepted into this MSc program without conditions.
- You have a first-class honors degree with a GPA of 80% or better, demonstrating that you are among the top 5% of students.
- You can only be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Program screening process if you fulfill all of the prerequisites listed above.
- Journeying into and out of the Netherlands
- living allowance during the full 24-month length of the program
- coverage of tuition fees for the whole program (24 months)
- The cost of a visa and health insurance
- A budget for one conference in Europe (registration, lodging, and travel expenses)
How To Apply?
The selection process
This scholarship’s selection process is invitation-only. It is not feasible to apply online.
Step 1: Before February 1, 2024, apply for an MSc program.
You may be eligible to get an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Program selection process if you meet the above conditions and submit your application for an MSc program before the deadline.
Step 2: The selection process’s steps
Request for application
- All students who have been accepted without condition into Wageningen University’s MSc program will have their eligibility for the Africa Scholarship Program evaluated in March 2024.
- On March 21, 2024, a pre-selected set of candidates will receive an email inviting them to take part in the ASP selection process. An email will only be sent to candidates who have been asked to participate in the selection process.
The chosen applicants will receive an assignment to complete, with a deadline of April 4, 2024.
Following a comprehensive evaluation of all submitted assignments, a smaller group of applicants will be invited to participate in an online interview with a member of the selection committee. On April 17, 2024, candidates who sent in an assignment will find out if they’ll be asked to an online interview or not.
The interviews are scheduled for April 23, 2024, and May 3, 2024.
Step 3: The selection process’s outcome
All of the interviewees will be informed of the outcome of the selection process on May 13, 2024.
Possible outcomes include:
- positive, and you’ll be awarded an ASP scholarship;
- Good; however, the applicant will be added to a waiting list.
- Negative, indicating that there won’t be an ASP scholarship awarded.
Vital dates quickly referenced:
- The deadline to apply for an MSc program is February 1, 2024.
- The chosen candidates will be invited to participate in the subsequent selection process on March 21, 2024 (around 40 candidates will be chosen).
- April 4, 2024: The assignment’s due date
- April 17, 2024: The decision to invite candidates for online interviews—roughly 20 will be interviewed—is communicated.
- April 23–May 3, 2024: Interviews with MS Teams
- Results of the selection process announced on May 13, 2024
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED