LOCATION: AHAFO REGION
The Site Enginoor plays a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction and operations projects.
As part of the site management team, the site engineer liaises with and works alongside engineers, construction managers, foremen, planners, surveyors and subcontractors.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Engineer (Roads & Bridges) shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Conduct engineering surveys for the selected roads and other structures including bridges:
- Provide inputs into the design process, prepare the Bill of Quantities as per the final design drawings and calculate the final quantities.
- Assess the work activities for which labour-based construction methods are appropriate and for those sections for which heavy machinery is appropriate; establish a cost estimate for the rehabilitation and construction works for roads & bridges:
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents and evaluation of tenders and the preparation and finalisation of contracts for sub-contractors;
- A Master’s degree in an infrastructure related field such as civil or transportation engineering, and construction management or similar is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in coordination, planning and managing of works in design and construction field is required.
- Experience of administering FIDIC contract documents, preferably cortified through FIDIC training courses is an asset.
- Experience in engaging with local authorities, local sub-contractors and dealing with community is preferable.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Access, databases and internet.
- Ability to draft various types of reports. Experience, working for Contractor on-site will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line:
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- References (3 or more)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
20th December 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED