October 16th, 2023 at 06:05 am
Scholarships for Foreign Students at Coimbra University
For international students interested in pursuing Bachelor’s and Master’s level studies at the University of Coimbra, there are scholarships available.
Description of the scholarship:
In Coimbra, Portugal, there is a public institution called the University of Coimbra. Founded in 1290, it is both one of the oldest institutions in the world and the oldest university in Portugal. The institution is a part of the Coimbra Group, an association of prestigious universities in Europe.
Law, medicine, engineering, humanities, and sciences are just a few of the many undergraduate and graduate degrees that are available at the University of Coimbra. In addition, the institution is the location of several research centers and institutes.
Being an international student at the University of Coimbra can be a wonderful experience. The university is situated in a stunning city that has a rich cultural and historical background. You will feel welcomed because Portuguese people are recognized for their warmth.
The presence of international students from more than 100 different nations has a significant positive impact on the academic culture at the University of Coimbra. The University of Coimbra provides international students with a variety of financial support alternatives with the goal of improving their living and educational experiences.
For Integrated Master’s Programs and Undergraduate (Baccalaureate) Programs:
First-Year Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
Based on their overall academic performance, the University of Coimbra grants international students with partial tuition fee waivers. Within the defined quota, these scholarships are given to the students in each faculty with the highest marks. There are 200 merit scholarships available for undergraduate programs in total. If the student receives a scholarship and receives an admission score of at least 160 points, the award value ranges from 1000 to 2000 EUR.
Undergraduate Scholarships for Strategic Support
The Strategic Support Scholarship, which awards 2000 EUR in the first year of the program to students admitted in relevant study fields in terms of employment and qualified training, is only available to certain undergraduate programs. The university makes announcements regarding the various programs it covers each year.
Exceptional Merit Awards for Undergraduate Programs
Highly meritorious applicants with an admission grade of at least 180 points (not rounded off) are eligible for the Extraordinary Merit Scholarship, which waives their whole tuition cost if they can demonstrate that they lack the necessary resources.
Second-cycle master’s programs:
Master Program Scholarship for the Promotion of Scientific Research and Output
This scholarship offers a 2000 EUR tuition fee waiver to international students enrolled in a master’s program at the University of Coimbra. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the program’s academic years or semesters, up until its conclusion.
Facilities for indirect social support
Canteens, housing, child care, and medical services are just a few of the indirect social support resources available to international students at the University of Coimbra.
Social Support Programmes to Students through Part-Time Activities (PASEP)
PASEP seeks to assist impoverished students by offering meal cards for university dining halls, a portion of the cost of housing at on-campus homes, or a portion of the cost of tuition for approved programs.
Awards and Recognition:
The University of Coimbra honors deserving students in a number of ways, including:
The UC’s merit system for international students
The Merit Framework for First-Year International Students recognizes the top 5% of first-year international students enrolled in undergraduate and integrated master’s programs.
The UC Merit Framework
The University awards the Diploma of Academic Excellence and secures entry in the UC Merit Framework to the top 5% of national, international, and national equivalent students in undergraduate, integrated master’s, and master’s programs for their academic achievement each year.
International students may receive a Diploma of Distinction
Students at the University of Coimbra who received an admission score of 18 points or more are given this diploma.
Students who successfully complete their master’s program at UC and have a master’s program final score of 18 points or above are awarded this diploma.
Top Doctoral Dissertations
Outstanding scientific work by national, national equivalent, or international Ph.D. holders at UC is honored with the Best Doctoral Thesis Prize. The Scientific Merit Medal and the Best Doctoral Thesis Diploma for the prior civil year in a particular scientific or interdisciplinary topic are among the awards that are publicly given out in this context.
Scholarships from the University of Coimbra are available for international students who want to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in Portugal without taking the IELTS exam.
Under this scholarship program, you can study any subject.
Benefits of the scholarship
The following are some advantages of enrolling as an international student at the University of Coimbra:
- A top-notch education is available at the University of Coimbra, a famous institution with a long history of academic success.
- A singular cultural encounter: Coimbra is a lovely city with a fascinating history and culture. You will have the chance to directly engage with Portuguese culture by attending school in Coimbra.
- Opportunities for networking: The University of Coimbra attracts students from all over the world because it is a worldwide institution. You will have the chance to network with students from many cultures if you study in Coimbra.
- Access to research: Several research centers and institutions are located at the University of Coimbra. You will get the chance to take part in cutting-edge research while studying in Coimbra.
Of course, being an international student at the University of Coimbra has its difficulties. These consist of:
- Portuguese is the national language of Portugal, so if you wish to study at the University of Coimbra, you must be fluent in Portuguese.
- Cost of living: If you wish to attend the University of Coimbra, you will need to budget wisely because living expenses in Portugal can be considerable.
- Homesickness: Studying abroad can be difficult, and you could occasionally feel homesick. If you want to prevent homesickness, it’s critical to maintain contact with your family and friends back home.
Nationalities that qualify:
All nationalities of international students are eligible for these scholarships.
With scholarships, it differs. For more details, go to the official page below.
Overall, for international students, attending the University of Coimbra can be a wonderful experience. Before you make a choice, it’s crucial to be aware of the risks involved.
Here are some extra recommendations for prospective international students at the University of Coimbra:
- Start your research early: Since the University of Coimbra is a well-known institution, it’s crucial to do so.
- Learn Portuguese: If you don’t already know the language, you should get started right away.
- Establish connections with other international students. The University of Coimbra is home to several international student organizations. You may find it easier to settle into life in Portugal if you network with other international students.
- Be ready for culture shock: Studying abroad can be difficult because of the many cultures you will encounter.
- Take pleasure in the experience: Attending the University of Coimbra might be a wonderful opportunity. Enjoy the chance to learn about Portuguese culture and interact with people from around the world.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED