September 30th, 2023 at 11:22 am
Sales Manager Jobs in Canada ($58,000 – $182,000 annually)
You’ll join a friendly team of competent coworkers at Accor Career where you can be yourself and give your best work. The general requirements, responsibilities, and other information for a better understanding of the Sales Manager are contained in this article.
- Position: Sales Manager
- Location: Calgary, Canada, Alberta
- Hiring Company: Accor Career
- Salary: 67350 CA$ annually.
- Employment type: Full-time
You sell the guests of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (operated by Accor) unique experiences by being driven and enthusiastic. By acting professionally and being extremely knowledgeable about your resort, you build trustworthy relationships with your guests.
- Competitive pay: Sales managers frequently also receive performance-based commissions and bonuses, which can significantly raise their pay.
- Financial Gains: Sales managers have the chance to earn large commissions and incentives based on the performance of their teams and their personal sales accomplishments.
- Career growth: Sales management roles typically provide a clear path for growth. Successful sales managers may have the chance to go up the corporate ladder and take positions as regional sales managers, directors of sales, or even vice presidents of sales.
- Management Experience: Sales managers gain important leadership and management experience by overseeing and managing sales teams. The ability to rise into higher managerial roles is facilitated by this experience.
- Professional Development: To ensure that their sales managers are up to date on the newest sales strategies and market trends, many companies make investments in their professional growth by giving them access to training programs, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Independent status: Sales managers typically have some discretion over how to lead their teams and accomplish sales objectives. People who treasure their freedom will find this appealing.
- Travel Opportunities: Depending on the industry and the clientele of the organization, sales managers may have the chance to travel both locally and abroad to meet with clients and attend sales meetings and conferences.
- Job Security: Since sales management positions are crucial to a company’s ability to generate money, they remain quite stable even when businesses are forced to maintain their sales efforts.
- Healthcare and Pension perks: To ensure the financial security and general well-being of sales managers, many businesses offer health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks.
- Work-Life Integration: Even though the requirements of the sales manager position might be significant, some businesses promote work-life balance by offering flexible working arrangements and placing a premium on performance over rigid schedules.
- Achievement Identification: Successful sales managers frequently receive public acclaim and accolades for their contributions to the expansion and success of the business.
- Sales managers routinely connect with customers, coworkers, and industry experts, which presents a great opportunity for networking that might improve future job prospects.
- A strong sense of both professional and personal fulfillment can be attained by meeting and exceeding sales goals, which will boost job satisfaction.
- Service all internal and external engagements promptly and courteously while exhibiting a consistent degree of professionalism, friendliness, and engagement.
- Next, manage the hotel’s business travel and tour accounts, prospecting, and RFPs.
- Also, maintaining existing connections while pursuing new clients and companies.
- By assisting with reservations and sending pre-arrival messaging, stay in proactive contact with the hotel’s most committed guests and VIPs.
- Besides that, create, keep track of, and respond to VIPs’ and elite loyalty members’ preferences and needs.
- Furthermore, keep showing up at the hotel, plan hotel loyalty events, and participate in them.
- Aside from that, create, maintain, and manage good relationships with all clients, suppliers, teams, colleagues, and the global sales network.
- Similarly, organize and execute welcome and planning site tours expertly, taking into account the demands of the visitors’/groups’ needs while showcasing our hotel and its offerings.
- Likewise, make sure that all group blocks are successfully moved to the catering component by working with the conference services manager.
- Create trustworthy relationships between the various divisions, such as Front Office, Culinary, Housekeeping, and Audio Visual.
- In addition, make weekly, monthly, and annual reports as necessary. Participate in the data collection for competitive intelligence as directed.
- Lastly, attend conventions, trade shows, and promotional events organized by organizations focused on the hotel and trade.
Experience and Skills
- Previous: A minimum of three years of experience in sales is required in a circumstance like this.
- Also, knowledge of property management systems is advantageous, and fluency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Next, possessing a comparable degree or qualification is advantageous.
- In addition, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, as well as the ability to quickly build connections and relationships.
- Aside from that, exhibit the ability to solve problems, manage several moving pieces, and collaborate with various hotel departments. This included demonstrating the ability to provide excellent customer service, including the ability to pay special attention to guests’ needs while remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Likewise, the ability to work well under pressure and, when needed, handle short lead times
- Above all, careful attention to detail ensures a high level of precision.
- Employee discount card for hotels operated by Accor and Marriott worldwide
- Also, medical, dentistry, vision, retirement savings, and a program for staff and their families are all part of a competitive benefits package.
- Additionally, the Fairmont Palliser and the Sheraton Suites Calgary-Eau Claire are offering discounted meals and drinks.
- Moreover, initiatives for education that our academies offer
- Besides that, possibility to nurture and expand your talent both locally and internationally.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a demand for sales management in Canada?
Due to Canada’s growing labor market shortages, the government requires competent personnel in several fields, with the sales industry being one of them. Canada has to increase its supply of sales managers to fulfill the need for qualified workers in the country.
In Canada, how can I become a sales manager?
Bachelor’s degree: You need a bachelor’s degree in sales, business administration, or marketing to be a sales manager. You are equipped with the course for your position managing sales teams. experience: To develop your sales abilities, and obtain experience through internships and entry-level positions.
What is the Canadian minimum sales manager wage?
Most experienced workers earn up to $182,820 per year, while entry-level occupations start at $58,483 annually.
Visit Newsnowgh.com for the most up-to-date information on visa-sponsored jobs, prospective paths benefits, application processes, and others.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED