Bloomberg News seeks an experienced editor to join our economy and government team in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are looking for a journalist with a deep knowledge of the region’s politics, economics and business sector, along with an understanding of financial and commodity markets.
The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills and a strong interest in the West African sub-region, with a focus on economies including Nigeria, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana.
You’ll have demonstrated skills working with reporters spread over countries and time zones, working with them to build their connections on the ground.
- You will foster a culture of breaking news and analysis that provides timely and useful context to our global audience through the prism of finance, markets, companies, commodities and economics.
- You’ll work with colleagues from other teams and bureaus across sub-Saharan Africa and beyond to help commission and edit thematic stories that connect the dots in countries within the region and link events to global trends.
- You will guide our reporters to operate in turn across platforms including QuickTake, digital, television, radio and newsletters.
- We’re looking for someone who work wells under pressure with a demonstrated ability to switch quickly from editing features to writing clear, concise stories on major breaking news on the economy and government beat.
The position can be based in Nigeria or Ghana.
You’ll need to have:
- -Fluent English; understanding of French would be an advantage
- -Demonstrated knowledge of key African issues
- -Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- -At least 5 years experience at a major news organization
- -Strong organizational and writing skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Method Of Application
Application Closing Date: Ongoing
About The Company
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED