The Network & Systems Administrator’s role is to manage and fine-tune in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported school applications.
The administrator is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, and wireless network services are achieved by planning and designing networks (LANs) and wide-area networks (WANs) across the school.
In addition, the administrator will participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all networks and system hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware, software, and security problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training where required.
This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with the school’s vision and mission and industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
The administrator will also deputize for the IT manager- operations as and when required.
- Reports to the Information Technology Manager – Operations
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborates with IT Manager-Operations to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Assist IT Manager – Operations to create and maintain documentation as it relates to network, systems and security configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
- Assist IT Manager – Operations to develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Participates in and supports IT Manager-Operations in capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Designs and deploys company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Researches network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry and report on these to the IT Manager – Operations.
- Oversees new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Maintaining computer networks and systems including software, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware
- Installing and configuring network equipment to update or fix hardware or software issues
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks
- Communicating networking issues to other employees and management, especially in training new users
- Fixing software and hardware configuration issues for users on-demand or from inspection of the systems Systems Operation
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved on time with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Manages and defines end-user accounts, permissions, access privileges, control structures and resources in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defences are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with IT Manager-Operations about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls, anti-virus software, network access control(NAC).
Qualification Required & Experience
Education & Certification
- University degree in information technology or electrical engineering.
- Certifications in Microsoft, Google Suite, Apple, Aruba/Cisco Systems, Alien Vault.
Knowledge & Experience & Abilities
- Proven experiences and successes with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge and experience of network and PC operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS X
- Excellent knowledge and experience of telephone systems, including Grand Stream Systems VoIP Systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including Aruba, HP and Sophos UTMs.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft and Apple and Unix products
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and pertinent law.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to research hardware, software and networking issues and products as required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability.
- The nature of the job may require out hours’ work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
How To Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be submitted to:
Lincoln Community School
PMB CT 354
Cantonments, Accra, Ghana.
Closing Date: 20th November 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED