It operates in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Mali, Togo, and Benin. Its objective is to contribute to the development of Ghana by supporting the development of fair trade sectors.
The Equity Program’s which is in its second phase aims to contribute to sustainable economic development, to fight against poverty, and to reinforce family farming by supporting the development of fair trade value chains, resilient to the effects of climate change in West Africa.
The EQUITY Program has 5 main objectives:?
- Support the producer’s organizations’ structuration in Southern countries, and support the value chains in which they operate by developing fair trade
- Strengthening the commercial, governance and management capacities of the fair trade cocoa cooperatives in Côte d’Ivoire
- Strengthening the institutional ecosystems of fair trade
- Using fair trade as a way to accelerate the ecological transition of the means of production and transformation, ultimately leading to organic certifications
- Promoting gender equality and integration of the youth in the fair trade value chains
The EQUITY Program will last for four years (2019-2023), and will be implemented distinctly between these six West African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Togo. All certified products are eligible: cocoa, fruits (mango, pineapple, baobab, etc.), shea, cashew, handicraft, sesame, coffee, hibiscus,
The Junior national technical assistant will be based in Accra. He/she will take up his duties at the beginning of August 2020 He will have a one-year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal. The job of the Junior National Technical Assistant would require Very regular field visits to beneficiary project sites.
Tasks and key responsibilities
- Supporting Producer Organizations in the implementation of activities supported by the project
- Supporting the Fair Trade Ghana Network to implement the activities supported by the project
Required Skills or Experience
- Agronomist or Agric economist or socio-economist with experience of at least 5 years in the field of organizational and economic strengthening of producer organizations and fair trade sectors.
- Master the principles and objectives of Fair Trade.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV, a cover letter, with two reference persons, and a copy of your highest education Certificates, as soon as possible at best before 16th July 2020 by e-mail to:
(Indicate on the subject line of the email (“Recruitment_Junior NTA_Ghana-Consultancy”).
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED