- Work with regional and district staff to coordinate the design, implementation, and monitoring of ECD activities at facility and community level, in very close coordination with the Nutrition Coordinator to ensure alignment, efficiency, and integration with all USAID Advancing Nutrition nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive activities.
- Coordinate with Ghana Health Service and the project team to organize the capacity building of health workers on ECD
- Work with the project monitoring, evaluation, and learning team to collect, analyze and report on ECD related project results
- Work with USAID Advancing Nutrition technical advisors for designing and conducting implementation research around ECD
- Coordinate with regional and district teams to undertake technical supportive supervisory visits to health facilities to backstop, mentor, and coach health workers on ECD technical areas
- Undertake periodic joint monitoring visits with regional and district staff to community support groups, health volunteers, and target households on improved behaviors related to ECD
- Lead the implementation of planned ECD activities in the project’s annual work plan and support documentation of best practices, success stories, and ensure targets are achieved in collaboration with the project team.
- Contribute to drafting quarterly, annual, and other ad hoc reports on ECD activities
- Serve as the project principal technical lead for ECD activities in the 4 partner districts where ECD activities will be implemented
- Review and modify project materials and tools for ECD, including training materials and supervision tools.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Master’s Degree in child development, public health, international development, or closely related field or equivalent experience. At least five (5) years of professional experience in implementing and managing child development, child nutrition, and health, or parenting programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing activities related to the Nurturing Care Framework, in particular, interventions for promoting responsive care and early learning for improved ECD among children from birth to age 3
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building of health and community-level workers.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Health Service systems and operations
- Familiarity with Ghana’s national ECD policy and efforts to promote nurturing care, particularly among children ages 0-3 years
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation are required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to work with local authorities in Ghana, especially at the district level.
- Demonstrated understanding of government protocols and ability to effectively manage cross-ministerial and department communications.
- Ability and willingness to travel, mostly within Northern, North East, Upper East, and Upper West regions, up to 50% of worktime.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Prior work experience on USAID funded project with a focus on ECD
- Prior work experience with Ghana Health Service
- Previous work experience in Northern Ghana
Salary commensurate with experience.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED