The Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization drives the research, institutional strengthening and knowledge objectives of Mastercard Foundation.
Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization
- Reporting to the Head of Research, The Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization under the guidance of Head of Research will drive the research and institutional strengthening and knowledge mobilization objectives of Mastercard Foundation with particular emphasis on young researchers and research institutions in Africa & the indigenous communities of Canada.
- The Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization will lead capacity building/knowledge accompaniment programs & co-develop sustainable and viable institutional strengthening strategies.
- The Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization will co-lead the development of knowledge mobilization and knowledge products to advance Foundations programs and the Young Africa Works Strategy.
- The Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization will, working with the Head of Research and the team deliver the five-year research and knowledge development agenda and respond to immediate research strengthening, knowledge mobilization and products demands and needs of the enterprise.
- The successful Head of Research Strengthening and Knowledge Mobilization will be based in Canada or any of our listed offices in Africa (Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria)
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work with team to deliver the design of research. systems/processes/protocols to ensure high-quality research design, implementation, and analysis.
- Collaborate with S &L, Impact & Programs teams to identify and address research and institutional strengthening issues to enhance effectiveness of programs and partnerships and alignment to the YAW strategy, eleV and other functional programs.
- The Head of Research strengthening will contribute to building a culture that encourages evidence-informed decision making.
- Work with team to lead, collate, commission, and synthesize research on programmatic, strategic, Scholars & other programs knowledge building including the understanding of country and regional contexts to support program co-design, implementation & review processes.
- Work with team to develop and ensure quality control of internal & externally commissioned research strengthening initiatives for young researchers in Africa and indigenous communities in Canada and allied institutions.
- Work with Head of Research and team to develop Research Strategy & build research agenda and knowledge expertise to address long-term research and institutional strengthening initiatives in country, regional and other enterprise programs.
- Seek and provide access to best-in-class external research and knowledge mobilization opportunities and initiatives.
- Co-Commission research projects and other knowledge products for Foundations knowledge products, thought leadership and to enhance the international development field.
- Work with the team to write, publish and disseminate learnings and insights on the Foundations programs to influence best practice internally and externally.
- Lead the co-design and delivery of Foundations flagship and other knowledge products such as the Youth Voices Series and the State of Young Africa Works Reports.
- Continuously explore sharing opportunities for the Foundations program work across all relevant audiences and stakeholders. Lead team to partner with the Programs team on proposal development and review to provide technical input into proposals.
- Work with Research Team to build and strengthen the capacity of others to deliver high quality research, analysis, publications and documentation.
- Work with team to provide subject matter expertise for Foundation research work.
WHO YOU ARE
- A Masters/MBA in global development, education, public policy or another related field is an asset.
- 10 to 12 years of leadership experience in social science, higher education, development and/or public policy research in non-profit organizations, international NGOs and/or learning institutions.
- Experience with producing wide range of multi-media and other knowledge products.
- Deep understanding of research methodologies and approaches to capacity-building and research strengthening initiatives for young researchers especially in public policy, social sciences and development in Africa.
- Proven experience of effectively engaging with technical experts and institutions to build communities of practice.
- Experience working with and managing research or knowledge development teams.
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple enterprise-wide initiatives with varying timelines.
- Demonstrated success in building and managing high performing teams with proven success.
- Excellent research skills with the ability to translate findings to technical and non-technical teams.
- Fluency in other languages relevant to the work; French would be desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic about pursuing new avenues of knowledge mobilization &research.
- Open to the ideas of others and shares knowledge and insight from a place of humility.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and relate to a broad range of internal stakeholders, including other senior team members, staff, and board members.
- Client service mindset, always seeking ways to create impact for program teams.
- Commitment to the value of co-creation, employing deep listening and authentically inclusive approach.
- Energetic, independent and self-motivated individual with a solution-based approach while demonstrating innovation, integrity, quality, creativity, flexibility and resilience.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial individual who can develop new or creative approaches to problems while inspiring others on the team.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : October 06, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED