Head Of Operations And Finance Job Available at Street Child International
Street Child is a rapidly developing international children’s charity with exceptional programming in 20 of the world’s lowest-income and most crisis-affected countries. Our high-impact projects chase gains in education and protection outcomes for the most marginalised children – through signature integrated education, child protection and livelihoods initiatives.
- Contract: Full Time, 3.5 years
- Salary: $48,000 -$ 54,000 per annum (plus benefits)
- Principal Location: Accra, with regular travel to Northern Region (Tamale)
Street Child is seeking a dedicated professional to lead the operationalisation of Street Child’s new flagship Ghana country programme, specifically the Ghana TransformED Partnership payment by results initiative. The GED Partnership is an ambitious partnership with the Ghana Ministry of Education and Education Outcomes Fund to deliver a payment by results programme targeted at improving access and quality in primary education for Ghanaian children. This role, reporting to the Ghana Country Representative
The Head of Operations and Finance will have responsibility for the operational, administrative and financial management of Street Child’s Ghana programme, as a key member of the senior management team. The primary purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the GED Partnership Programme, and the Operations Manager will be responsible for EOF contracting, sub-contracting with partners, HR and compliance, as well as budget and risk management. They will also oversee the set up and management of a new operational office base and team (including finance staff) in Accra.
Key duties include:
Compliance and contract management
- Street Child compliance with Education Outcomes Fund contracts and financing partners’ terms
- Holding sub-contractors accountable according to the terms of their contracts;
- Compliance with all relevant Ghanaian law, rules and regulations, in particular EOF stakeholders including Ministry of Education and Procurement Unit;
- SC Ghana compliance with Street Child’s global policies and procedures;
- Active monitoring and management of risks relating to compliance.
Finance & Procurement
- Overall responsibility for EOF budget management, establishing strong mechanisms with programme managers, finance managers and partners to devise and re-forecast accurate and up to date budgets;
- Set up of finance systems in country in close liaison with the West Africa Finance Manager, including:
- Supervision of monthly bank reconciliations
- Responsibility for budget vs actual tracking
- Internal and partner field spot checks for monitoring and capacity development purposes;
- Active management of fiduciary risks
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reports that comply with grant or contract agreements and ensure compliance with Street Child policies and donor funding;
- Supervision of procurement, and of partner compliance with Street Child procurement policies
- Proactive engagement with Street Child UK finance and HR teams
Operations & HR
- Set up of Street Child Ghana offices, including head office and field offices as required, and ongoing oversight of office management and administration;
- Pursuit of registration, together with the Country Representative, if not already secured;
- Set up of HR processes in Ghana, including recruitment and induction and localized policies and procedures;
- Responsibility for employment contracting, payroll and oversight of staff training;
- Capacity support to national partners to support operations and finance development, in collaboration with SC global team, and where appropriate, directly provide coaching and training input and support in priority areas.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has the management skills and experience in operations and finance to make a difference in the lives of out of school children in Ghana.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in development contexts, used to grant, financial and people management in complex programmes and budgets.
- You will also have proven coaching, teamwork and communication skills, strong numeracy skills and analytical thinking.
- Naturally, as a key member of a busy team you will be frequently asked to help with whatever the need of the moment is. We value agility and flexibility.
How To Apply for this Head Of Operations And Finance Job
We are particularly interested in qualified national candidates, interested in a long-term commitment to this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please refer to the attachment to see the full role description and person specification. To apply for the role please send your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your suitability and motivations for applying to [email protected] no later than Monday 11th July 2022 (however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED