- Company: GIZ
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide.
Together with partner organizations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
The African Union (AU), established as a unique Pan African continental body, was charged with the responsibility to coordinate and provide overall guidance for the negotiations on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
GIZ supports the AfCFTA negotiation process through technical support to the relevant AU organs. The project in support of the AfCFTA works in close collaboration with multiple partners to support the content of free trade negotiations in the areas of trade in goods and services, trade facilitation, customs cooperation as well as on the various AfCFTA protocols and related annexes.
The new Technical Assistance Facility to support the AfCFTA is meant to be an efficient, reactive, and flexible mechanism to answer to the needs of the AU, other partners, and regional private sector organizations, working on fostering the AfCFTA and economic continental integration.
- Monitor the procurement in line with internal GIZ policies and external funding of the EU
- Check of all received invoices and handle for further payments
- Monitor monthly accounting and finance planning at the project level
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation and compilation of all relevant documents according to the external funding requirements
- Support the Finance Manager in coordinating resource requirements for EU funding and working procedures in line with the project’s objectives
- Support technical experts in preparing for travel expenses reimbursement, checking the contracts for completeness and financial documents from consultants/consulting firms
- Filing documents in the Document Management System in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Bachelor/Master’s in business management with a focus on finance, purchasing or contract management or similar area
- Initial relevant work experience preferably gained abroad in finance management
- Working experience within international agencies is an asset
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national team, commitment, and solution orientation, but not losing sight of accuracy and work organization
- Business fluent in German and /or English; Fluency in other official AU languages is an asset
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation, and health care in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment.
We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: December 2, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED