Fully funded Globalink Research Internship 2024 in Canada
Are you on the lookout for a chance to vacation in Canada? Undergraduate students from countries outside of Canada are eligible to apply for the Globalink Research Internship that will be held in 2024. This will provide them the chance to complete their internship at a school in Canada. Candidates from a number of different nations are being asked to submit applications for the opportunity to obtain work experience in Canada.
During the months of May through October of each year, the top-ranked applicants take part in a research internship at a Canadian university. These internships are offered in a wide variety of academic fields, including science, engineering, and mathematics, as well as the humanities and social sciences.
Information Regarding the Internship Program
- Host: Mitacs
- Type of Program: Internships for College Students
- Location of the Program: Canada
- Program Duration: The duration of the program is for a total of 12 weeks.
- Slots Available: Several openings are currently available.
- Basic Requirements: Students Currently Enrolled in Undergraduate Programs
- Eligible Candidates: Applicants from other countries are welcome to apply.
The Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants are required to:
- You need to be at least 18 years old when you submit your application.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s degree at an institution that is eligible for the program (see the list of qualifying institutions organized by country).
- Have between one and three semesters left to complete their study as of Fall 2024 (the exact number of remaining semesters is dependent on the country’s requirement).
- Achieve the minimum required grade point average for their country of study (for a complete list of the minimum required GPA for each international partner, click here).
- Submit an application to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects, and make sure that your picks come from a minimum of three distinct provinces in Canada.
- Have an excellent command of both the spoken and written language of the project (English or French, your choice).
- Make yourself accessible to finish an internship that lasts for a total of 12 consecutive weeks between the 1st of May and the 31st of October.
Countries That May Apply:
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive program that is open to undergraduate students from international universities in the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- A hands-on research internship in your area of study that lasts for a full year and helps you gain practical experience while expanding your professional network.
- Collaborate with graduate students and research associates while working directly under the direction of eminent members of the faculty.
- Access to Canada’s one-of-a-kind research landscape, which is distinguished by its emphasis on applied, dynamic, and innovative research
- An enriching experience that combines academic research at a university in Canada, professional skill development classes, and fun social activities
- The opportunity to test the limits of your independence while gaining exposure to other cultures and customs in a different nation
- The opportunity to interact with possible graduate supervisors in the event that you are interested in continuing your education at the graduate level in Canada with the assistance of a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Process of matching and standards of evaluation
- After being reviewed by Mitacs and accepted, project proposals are submitted, evaluated, and added to an online database.
- Students must choose from the online database a minimum of three and a maximum of seven research projects at the time of submission.
- The Mitacs Research team ranks students according to their score after scoring each student’s application based on factors such as CGPA, research experience, letters of recommendation, financial restrictions, etc.
- Based on their choice and their score, pupils are narrowed down for each assignment.
- Faculty are requested to assess applications from students who have been shortlisted and to get in touch with them to set up interviews. In order to find a potential match, faculty and students evaluate and rank one another.
- Mitacs gathers feedback from both teachers and students and makes appropriate matches based on the ranks of the professor and student as well as other elements, such as the student’s grade.
Finances for students and logistics
Successful students can get financing from Mitacs in conjunction with our partners for the following:
- Payment for flights and student visas
- Lodging and a daily allowance
- Medical coverage during the entire internship.
- Coordinating with the administrative departments of the host institutions to guarantee a seamless registration and arrival procedure
- Choosing a Globalink Mentor to help with duties such as bringing up students from the airport, accompanying them to their homes, planning social activities, and serving as an emergency contact
- Training in professional skills
- Opportunities including conferences, workshops, industry expos, tours, and other networking activities are available.
Supervisory duties and responsibilities
Prior to the start of the internship (as necessary), host professors must make sure the following is in place for their Globalink research intern.
Research interns at Globalink are required to put in 40 hours per week on their projects. Interns at Globalink Research may receive invitations to conferences, workshops on professional development, or events related to business, politics, or government during their internship. While every effort will be made to schedule these events outside of working hours, interns should request permission from their supervisor if they must miss work in order to participate.
The Mitacs Globalink program participants are required to abide by the Canadian host university’s regulations on the conduct of ethical research and intellectual activities. The host university’s procedures in accordance with its institutional regulations will be applied to any difficulties or disputes involving research or academic misconduct.
Applications for the are currently being accepted online; to submit your application, please click here. It is strongly recommended that you review the eligibility requirements and application requirements before submitting your application. Your “university transcripts” are one of the many important requirements that must be met, and they must be sent together with the application.
Closing date for submission of applications: September 21st, 2023
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED