Fully Funded Basel University Advanced Data Management Fellowship (Switzerland)
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Basel’s Databases and Information Systems research group is presently accepting applications for three fully funded Ph.D. places in Advanced Data Management (100%) with a four-year tenure.
These roles are open for application now and will be vacant until all openings have been filled.
The research team is primarily interested in Polypheny, a cutting-edge multi-model database system that is based on an advanced polystore architecture. In order to provide polyglot access to various data sources, Polypheny unifies numerous data models, including relational, graph, and document, as well as query languages.
It is a component of the Polypheny-DDI (Distributed Data Infrastructure) project, whose funding comes from the Swiss National Science Foundation and aims to support Data Science applications.
There are fully funded Ph.D. seats in advanced data management at the University of Basel in Switzerland, where you can pursue these programs.
These are scholarship-eligible subjects.
- Computing Science
ITALIAN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR 2023 (FOR ALL UNIVERSITIES)
Benefits of the scholarship
- The Swiss National Science Foundation establishes the compensation for Ph.D. students. With a little increase in years two and three, the compensation is 47k CHF in the first year.
Nationalities that qualify:
All nationalities of international students are eligible for this grant.
- A master’s degree in computer science or a closely related field, plus previous software development experience
- Interest in conducting scientific research in order to get a Ph.D. in one of the following fields:
- Data handling with many models
- Data streams, third
- Management of many versions and in-time data
- Multimedia data retrieval and management
- You possess knowledge and expertise in at least one of the following fields, ranging from conceptual system analysis to involvement in the creation of software systems:
- Multimedia data management
- Information retrieval
- A strong command of both English languages is required. German language proficiency is not required but is appreciated.
- Capacity for teamwork
UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE INTERNATIONAL ITC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS 2023–24 (NETHERLANDS)
Candidates should submit their application via our online recruiting platform (see button below) along with:
- a motivation letter,
- all pertinent documents (MSc diploma, transcript of records),
- the name of at least one referee
- a summary of their software development experience,
- and, if available, their GitHub handle.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Please email Prof. Heiko Schuldt at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED