You have been a substantial contributor to complex, highly interactive web or mobile applications. You’re excited by the opportunity to leverage your years of experience to build substantial new technology that will change people’s relationships with healthcare.
You hate shipping bugs so you appreciate how a typed language can catch the vast majority of errors during the compilation (or transpilation) phase. You strive to make your code modular, reusable, and clear for all who come after you.
You want to be a part of a small, growing team that cares about code quality emphasizes code ownership, and supports those practices through clear communication, regular code reviews, and comprehensive automated testing.
- Leverage React, TypeScript, Apollo, GraphQL, and other technology stacks to build new healthcare applications and iterate on those that already exist
- Code ownership and technical vision
- Maintain a high bar for customer and provider experience — building beautiful applications with a user focus that is rarely seen in the healthcare space
- Spec clearly and communicate with the Platform Team to develop new backend and API functionality
- Write tests to ensure quality and increase future velocity
- Mindfulness of patient privacy and security in daily work
- Ensure responsiveness of applications by testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Work alongside graphic designers for web design features
- See-through a project from conception to finished product
- Meet both technical and consumer needs by designing both client-side and server-side architecture
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- React frameworks
- React with Redux
- CSS3 using Less, Styled Components, and Emotion
- At least 3 years work experience as a software engineer
- General web development principles and best practices. You know how a browser works and in what order things are parsed and executed
- At least two years of experience developing React/Redux SPA backed by a JSON API
- You can take a design and turn it into semantic HTML and pixel-perfect, responsive CSS
- Unit testing of React Components
- Unit and end-to-end testing of Rails
- Ability to provide insight into our current processes, architecture, and UI/UX
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
Vien Health is an inspired team with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the best possible medicine.
We are building a new operating system in healthcare – one that combats the biggest challenges in healthcare across Africa. Our work is inspired by our members’ journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We excel in a dynamic while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED