With more than 130 team members spread across 25 countries and serving projects in more than 40 countries, Viamo Incorporation truly works on a global scale to catalyze a mobile tech movement. Viamo Incorporation are connecting nonprofits, governments, and businesses to the people they serve using the digital technologies they already have in their pocket (voice calls, interactive SMS, and social network chatbots).
Our vision is a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives and have meaningful relationships with governments, civil society, and businesses.
Position: QA ENGINEER
Currently, we are building new capabilities for our mobile engagement platform while maintaining reliability, usability, and scalability. In this role, you will contribute to a quality, reliable, predictable, and satisfying experience with Viamo’s next-generation platform, improving its scalability and adding major new feature areas. You will work closely with project managers, developers, and designers in reviewing feature specifications and designing well-structured test cases towards delivering quality, reliable, and complete software while supporting your team to grow through knowledge sharing.
In your role you will be:
- working closely with project managers, developers, and designers in reviewing feature specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- planning, designing, and creating comprehensive and well-structured test cases from feature requirements at high quality.
- implementing test cases that cover the scope, related components, and edge cases of features and activities towards delivering high quality and reliable releases.
- use significant knowledge of test automation and techniques to build and maintain tests.
- working with release engineers for fortnightly releases and run post-release smoke tests.
- participating in bi-weekly release review meetings to demo features to clients.
- an active member of the QA chapter, contributing and leading key initiatives that aimed at the growth and success of Engineering QA function at Viamo.
- reporting, tracking, verifying defects and testing fixes
- at least 2 years of software QA experience in a dynamic software engineering environment.
- has knowledge of general software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- has experience with Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Postman other common webUI/API/mobile testing tools
- have experience using relevant automated testing frameworks.
- able to perform full integration, end-to-end and user acceptance testing
- has a strong ability to empathize with user needs and think like a user
- enjoys working with diverse multicultural and remote-based teams
- have experience with PHP or Python programming languages.
- has experience with SQL databases
- is familiar with agile methodologies
Here’s Our Vision of A Great Team Fit
- You are a strong collaborator and contributor to any team
- You are a self-starter, motivated and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- You share an attitude of ambition, diligence, attention to detail, and pragmatic perfectionism
- You are flexible, proactive and can take initiative with unplanned situations
- You have good communication skills, able to accurately and efficiently convey thoughts and ideas
- You are eager to learn and further develop your career pathways in the Software QA practice and support colleagues achieve
- You have a desire and a mindset to break things, to test across multiple simple and complex scenarios, and to anticipate problems that may arise with a solution.
- You are able to get things done.
Why Work With Us:
Purpose + Ambition:
We are solving one of the world’s toughest challenges: connecting organizations to people in low-resource settings in a meaningful, respectful, and equitable way on a global scale. We aim to reach 100M unique individuals by 2021, creating a movement of more than 2,000 organizations that are using our products to engage with their end-users.
Autonomy + Responsibility:
Every person on our team plays a critical role in creating the organization they want to work. Our people work with their managers to create their KPIs and are responsible for meeting their goals with little direct oversight.
You will have the opportunity to work within our global team. We have meetings with participants across 15 time zones and use a combination of tools to collaborate across departments and countries to learn, play, support, and grow together.
- Continuous learning opportunities and support for professional development
- A culture that values trust, curiosity, positive human impact, and diversity
- Health benefits plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous vacation
- Equipment to be productive
- Casual dress code
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
HOW TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED