About this opportunity
Align Technology (”Align”) is a global medical device company engaged in the design, manufacture and marketing of the Invisalign system, the most technically advanced clear aligner system, and of the iTero intraoral scanners and services for orthodontic and restorative dentistry.
Align innovative products help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
Align has operations throughout the EMEA region along with independent distributors in certain areas. Over the last decade, Align has grown considerably and has continuously expanded its geographical footprint.
With the recent establishment of a new African HQ in Ghana, the need for a new position of Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel Africa has emerged.
The position of Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel Africa will serve as Align’s first Counsel based on the continent and will provide strategic advice on a variety of corporate, commercial, regulatory and compliance matters as they arise from the day-to-day operations of a listed global company, operating in a highly regulated sector and poised for significant growth.
The incumbent, member of the broader EMEA Legal, Regulatory and Quality Team, will also support expansion in new markets and will be an active member of the African management team.
The Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel Africa will have prior experience in Africa and ideally in Ghana and demonstrate strong international experience gained in another medical device company or the healthcare team of a leading law firm.
With strong business acumen, the Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel Africa will have the experience and gravitas to exercise thought leadership, drive integrity and support the business in new jurisdictions for Align.
He/she will be based in Accra (Ghana) and will report to the VP and EMEA Regional General Counsel based in Rotkreuz Switzerland and will have a dotted reporting line to Align VP Global Compliance and Ethics Officer and Counsel, based in Tempe, Arizona (USA).
In this role, you will…
The Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel Africa will be the face of legal and compliance to the management team based in Ghana and will bring his/her vision and expertise to a role where he/she can leverage tactical, and business partnering skills and influence strategic vision.
He/she will advise on a broad range of commercial, corporate, regulatory and compliance matters and will interact with all departments of Align supporting the region.
Key missions will include:
- Legal entity set up and corporate management,
- Support regional sales and marketing teams on product launches, commercial programs, etc.
- Work closely with our global and regional IP team to protect Align assets and goodwill,
- Draft and negotiate material and strategic contracts with third parties and distributors,
- Join and participate in all relevant internal Centers of Experience including that of our Public Affairs,
- Help develop, implement, and maintain our global compliance program with consistent and effective policies and procedures that reflect domestic laws, rules and culture,
- Provide regular trainings and guidance to ensure legal compliance with applicable laws, regulations, Align’s standards and policies,
- Work closely with the HR Department on general employment issues and employee relations,
- Effectively manage outside counsels in accordance with Align Global billing policies,
- Advise and keep the VP and Regional General Counsel EMEA updated on critical projects as well as on legislative developments and regulatory changes that may be relevant to the growth of our business.
In this role, you’ll need …
- 10+ years minimum post-bar experience, ideally gained within healthcare/medical device environment or, alternatively with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare & technology clients.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Additional languages are a plus.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives.
Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect.
Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees.
As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees.
We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED