About the company:
Pezesha is a digital financial ecosystem & platform based in Kenya with a mission to connect SMEs with working capital and credit decisioning for lenders to de-risk their capital through our holistic approach that starts with financial education, credit scoring, and ends with meaningful financial inclusion. We are approved by the Capital Markets Authority in Kenya and now scaling to other markets like Nigeria and Ghana as we move closer towards our vision in tackling the $300+ billion financing gap for SMEs in Sub Saharan Africa through our scalable platform as an enabler. Visit our website: https://pezesha.com/ for more information.
Start date: July 2020
Based in: Ghana (preferably in the Ashanti and South Ghana)
Contract: Short term consulting
Primary job description
1)Entrepreneur/business research: Carry out research through phone calls and/or field research in the Ashanti and Western regions of Ghana answering the following questions relating to entrepreneurs/businesses but not limited to:
- Question: What businesses are prevalent in the Ashanti and Western regions (type, size, products, locations, how many, monthly revenues and costs, data available, what are their needs, how much are they willing to pay for finance, etc.)?
- Question: What are the characteristics of the entrepreneurs (incomes, demographics, occupations, locations, education level, household characteristics/family status; then also dig deeper on the target market – find out their needs, interests, personalities, smartphone use, internet access, mobile money penetration)?
- Question: Key deliverables: Detailed research report answering the questions in the description section with sources/references. Surveys and the outcome of any field research done.
2)Research on regulations:
- Research on the regulatory environment and potential concerns for us in Ghana (including tax).
- Develop a short, medium, and long term plan for regulatory compliance.
- What are the regulatory compliance requirements for small businesses in Ghana?
- Analysis of the Fintech space in Ghana. Mapping FSPs, Public-Private Partnerships and crowdfunding platform approaches and comparing with Pezesha’s approach. Deliverable: Fintech landscape comparative analysis.
- Assist the company to shorten its learning curve in understanding the Ghana market dynamics
- University Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to interact with and obtain information from micro and small businesses in the Ashanti and Western regions (local language helpful)
- Previous experience carrying out both desk and interactive market research activities
- Previous experience working with micro/small businesses
- Experience/knowledge of the Fintech space in Ghana
- Added advantage: Entrepreneurial experience or has worked with Fintech startups
- Self drive toward targets while ensuring quality output and prioritization
- Excellent written communication and visual communication skills
- High level of interpersonal maturity, hardworking, and professionalism
- Team player who demonstrates a positive attitude, creativity, energy, entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to collaboration, and sense of humor
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and working with online tools
How to apply
To Apply: Please send your CVs and cover letter to [email protected].
Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 38/GHANA MARKET RESEARCH CONSULTANT). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED