- Company: Dredge Masters Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
DML is a market leader in dredging and has a sizable presence in Marine and Civil Construction. Dredging services cover urban dredging and environmental dredging, dredging of dams, rivers and lagoons, maintenance dredging of ports and harbors.
Marine construction activities involve beach nourishments, coastal defense and other coastal protection measures. The company is also active in urban drainage and drain construction.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) is an ISO certified company with certification in Quality ISO 9001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015 standards.
DML is known for quality and high operational excellence and adheres to sustainable development goals (SDG’s)
DML is seeking to fill the position of:
- JOB TITLE: Chief Hydrographic Surveyor
- Location: Accra
- Posted on: July 19, 2021
- Closing Date: August 6, 2021
An experienced and dynamic Hydrographic Surveyor for its dam dredging, inland dredging and maintenance dredging, Marine construction, Sea defense & Coastal engineering activities. The candidate should be self-driven and a prove team leader.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- To conduct marine and topographic survey to requirement of contract and the job.
- To conduct side scanning and be well versed in all modern marine and land survey equipment and techniques and under water detecting and imaging tools.
- Well versed in modern survey software, the knowledge of latest version of HYPACK is desirable.
- Specializing in precise positioning, data acquisition and processing, use specialized technical software and equipment including satellite and terrestrial positioning systems, sonars, single and multibeam echo sounders, laser scanners and LiDAR (light detection and ranging) equipped aircraft to provide data for the production of nautical charts and maps
- Measure and map the underwater surfaces for a number of end uses which includes the production of charts for navigation, dam dredging, inland dredging, marine construction, sea defense, coastal protection, wreck and under water observations.
- Be able to use technical software, global positioning systems, and sonar and echo sounders to provide data for the production of nautical charts and maps.
- Use remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicles to gather data as required.
- Produce reports
- Provide accurate and reliable information for other disciplines such as navigation, dam dredging, inland dredging, marine construction and coastal protection.
- Work in a variety of different situations and applications including seabed mining, the construction of ports, the provision of navigational charts, and the positioning of navigational aids
- Source information on seabed type, water movements and waves
- Provide data for oceanographic studies
- Respond to technical queries from onshore engineering teams and problem-solve for colleagues working offshore – if working onshore
- Review company procedures and software projects, and provide feedback on courses and in-house training
- Work as part of a team of technical specialists.
- Be able to deal directly with clients, produce reports, and be willing to work in a wide range of differing situations and applications
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as chief hydrographic surveyor.
- Experience in urban dredging, dam dredging, inland dredging, marine dredging, marine construction and coastal protection will be preferable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well-versed with wide range of Marine survey equipment, software, technology format
- Well-versed in various technologies in plotting, charting, reporting, analyzing and interpreting the survey data.
- The ability to learn quickly – you will need a good knowledge of global positioning systems and navigation, geographic information systems, nautical studies and emergency procedures
- Good team working skills and the ability to work closely and get on with others in pressurized situations
- A practical approach to problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Resourcefulness and resilience
- Adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances
- A driving license required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address to: email@example.com
On or before 6th August, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED