Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for British Government Recruitment 2020.
- Company: British Government
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Assist in drawing up Contracts for Joint Corporate Services related Procurement
- Analyse procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience
- Plan, organize and lead on the bid process including drafting and issuing letters, developing bid evaluation criteria for processes involved;
- Sit on evaluation committees, to ensure the integrity of the competitive process and exercises appropriate judgement and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information;
- Analyses, negotiates and prepares contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of both BHC/DFID
- Run reports and complete housekeeping tasks.
- Help to resolve any discrepancies
- Liaison Officer for Post Medical Insurance Contract: In charge of the Medical Insurance cover for both the UKBA and Dependants, and for LESA and their Dependants: This is for both the Apex Health Insurance and the International SOS/WARA contracts.
- Ensure that standards are achieved and maintained through investing in the capability of the team. Also develop commercial capability of local based staff working with or having responsibility for procurement.
- Support staff at Post on low value procurement activity including optimisation of suppliers. Achieved through challenging assumptions, quantifying the need and providing advice and guidance, and driving low value procurements through GPC.
- Ensure compliance with legal and procurement regulatory requirements on all new supplier set ups. Monitor SLA for supplier set ups and engage with customers on any non-compliance with policies, rules and legal requirements.
- Create regular opportunities for staff and customers to help improve service quality and demonstrate a visible involvement. Work with the Hub’s procurement team to develop and to standardise new policies and processes to ensure compliance across board.
- Work with finance colleagues at post on developing processes and tools to ensure that procurement activity is accurately reflected in business plans and budgets.
- Any other related duties assigned by Line Manager.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in procurement and contract management
- Demonstrable market research skills within procurement framework
- Demonstrable stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service background
- High proficiency with MS Office suite
- A relevant degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- A degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or equivalent
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED