Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision Recruitment 2020
The Communications Officer at World Vision International is to take the lead, under the supervision of the Communications Manager, in preparing materials for informing donors, the government, communities and the general public of World Vision’s work in Ghana through the production of a range of written, audio-visual and photographic communications resources/ materials, and contribute to informing staff of internal developments and policy change/development in World Vision. Must be able to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Engage in the development and implementation of a quarterly communications plan for meeting the strategic donor and pubic engagement objectives of WV Ghana.
- Produce written, photography, feature stories, documentaries and issues-oriented reports highlighting the impact of World Vision’s work in the lives of children and their families
- Be deployed to disaster zones (when required) to produce quality stories and photos for WV Ghana and the WV Partnership.
- Contribute stories, photos and information to the production of an electronic newsletter that details organizational changes, activities, staffing and social news of WV Ghana.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to the Communications Manager.
- Contribute to advocacy-oriented communications products and campaigns including web-based and print materials, posters, briefing papers, reports, stories and photo essays, and organizing events that raise the profile of World Vision Ghana, for example, commissioning of projects, and launching of reports.
- Develop and maintain key in-country media contacts.
- Work in collaboration with Supply Chain unit among others to acquire filming permits and equipment clearance for Support Office/GC filming crews and facilitate field trips as required.
- Liaise with national and local press to support events media coverage.
- English-language fluency (written and verbal), with excellent writing skills
- Excellent photographic skills.
- Skills in MS Word , Excel and basic communications design applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work in the field as an essential and frequent function of the position.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Bachelor Degree in Communications, journalism, the Social Sciences or other related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (certification?)
- Experience: 3 years of experience in areas of development communications international communications, media, photography and journalism.
Working Environment / Conditions
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel: 25% travel to the field required.
On call: 5%
Interested applicants should:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE