Examinations Council invites applications from suitably qualified the undermined vacant positions in the WAEC Ghana National Office.
Applicants must possess a minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE/GCE Ordinary Level with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics,
BECE and Printing Craft certificate issued by Ghana Education Service or NVTI Grade certificate.
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Reprographics Department:
- Prepare and operate offset printing machines.
- Perform daily cleaning, routine and scheduled maintenance on machines.
- Monitor the printing process to maintain print quality.
- Assist in training individuals and other team members assigned.
- Comply with established security and safety procedures, policies and core processes of the organization.
- Work with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects.
- Focus on improved quality, work turn-around, safety, cost reductions and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other job duties as assigned (operating photocopiers, duplicators, etc).
- Resolve minor technical issues with presses, ink and other solutions as necessary.
Applicants must not be more than thirty (30) years of age at the time of applying.
Applicants must have at least one (1) year relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable organization.
Familiarity with various types of offset presses (Single sheet-feed, Continuous-feed).
- Ability to detect defects in printed pieces while jobs are in progress and make adjustments for correction.
- Very good quality-driven work habits.
- Strong commitment to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions.
- Basic mechanical ability and a desire to acquire further knowledge and understanding of the operations of offset printing press.
- Knowledge/experience of the use of and application of inks to paper and the various chemicals and materials used in the pressroom.
- Ability to be trained to operate other finishing machines and digital presses.
- Knowledge of pre-press work as related to press activities (correct imposition and gripping)
- Willingness to work overtime and if needed holidays and weekends
All applicants must be physically and medically fit and of good character.
The salary and conditions of service are highly competitive.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MODE OF APPLICATION
CLOSING DATE: 14TH AUGUST 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED