- Company: Saint-Gobain
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
- To oversee the smooth operation of all stock management, transport/delivery, and despatching of orders.
- Receive all incoming raw materials in the warehouse in accordance with the Authorized Inventory Procedures.
- Keep and record day to day inventory of all products and useable stores (admixtures, mortar products, IBC tanks, jerry cans, paper bags, pallets, and personal protective equipment) using MS Excel
- Take and record stock on all products and useable stores (admixtures, mortar products, IBC tanks, jerry cans, paper bags, pallets, and personal protective equipment) at the end of every month together with the business controller and plant/production supervisor after which figures are sent to the Accounts Department for reconciliation.
- Receive manufactured product from production into appropriate storage area/warehouse
- Conduct stocktake every morning and send status reports to the Operations Manager.
- Count /measure finished goods and work-in-progress with the Production Supervisor.
- Reconciling with Daily Production Reports and balancing off figures, if there are any differences investigate and rectify.
- At day end, conduct a stock take, record, and send reports to HODs (Finance, Sales, Production, etc.) and the General Manager.
- Instruct forklift driver on moving product from production to warehouse, stack securely, and issue raw materials to the production department using FIFO.
- Receive and reply all emails on deliveries and inventories
- Manage and liaise with transporter on all truck issues relating to deliveries
- Issue out waybills on all outgoing products
- Issue out purchasing order for walk in customers
- Receive and sign any other products in the warehouse
- Dispatch all finished products on trucks and containers.
- Receive an email of quantities and relevant documentation to be loaded from the Sales Executives
- Load delivery trucks using the First in First out method.
- Instruct the forklift driver on what to load.
- Inspect load for accuracy.
Inspect vehicles using vehicle checklist before loading and advise the driver to correct errors if any are found before collection can be processed.
- Ensure the product is secured using tarpaulins.
- Conduct SHEQ induction for new drivers.
- Ensuring the use of safety harnesses before climbing to high heights.
- Housekeeping- Ensure the warehouse is clean every morning.
- Perform a walk about every morning and during the day to check if the product is correctly stacked to avoid accidents
- Attend Safety pep talks daily.
- Daily secure the product (lock all doors) together with the security officer.
- Customer Service
- Receive and serve all customers being it a walk-in client or directed from the sales team
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in line with company policy.
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
- Diploma in Supply Chain (Warehouse Management and/or Logistics)
- 3 years’ experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in a manufacturing or production environment
- Must be computer literate
- Must have valid forklift driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge of loading practices, stock controlling and warehouse management
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Standards
Method of Application
Closing Date: 20 Sept 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED