Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. The incumbent will be responsible for supervision, training and development of plant crew who are in charge of plant operations, maintenance and associated facilities of Asanko Gold Ghana Limited (AGGL).
Position: Training and Process Improvement Supervisor (Fixed Term)
Supervise and train crew responsible for the operation of the process plant and associated facilities (tailings dam and water storage system facility, gold room and the gravity/carbon handling circuits)
- Assist in the implementation and management of a competency based training program for process plant employees
- Personnel development – actively identifies training requirements, both technical and compliance, to improve the skills of team members to positively impact on the performance and efficiency of the department
- Work with the metallurgical team to ensure optimum performance of the process plant
- Work with the maintenance team to achieve efficient process plant equipment performance and availability through training
- Assist in the development and review of process operation’s SOP’s, management plans, operating procedures and guidelines
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs to assist in enhancing the performance of the process plant operations
- Ensure the transfer of knowledge and technology to employees and support employee training and skill development
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed
- Assist in Mentorship and development of employees in accordance with the succession plan
- Perform any related duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Metallurgy/Chemistry/Chemical or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution or equivalent discipline
- Minimum five (5) years’ hands-on working experience in a Gold Processing Plant in the mining or related industry with metallurgical training experience
- In-depth knowledge in crushing, SAG and ball mill grinding/classification and desorption with commissioning experience
- Excellent working knowledge of ICMC code and in-depth experience relating to Metallurgical operations and training
- Certificate of Competence from Minerals Commission and Training the Trainer certificate from a recognized institution
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking techniques and problem solving approaches
- Possess strong research techniques, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, professionalism and initiate new ideas to improve plant efficiency
- Strong computer skills including IT savvy with in-depth usage of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and GIS)
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
- Please ensure you email firstname.lastname@example.org when applying for a job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
CLOSING DATE: 24th February, 2021.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED