An individual who will be responsible for driving and assuring the functioning of facilities and logistics, has a sense of punctuality, high integrity, service-oriented, and trustworthiness.
Project: GIZ Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID)
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Assignment Period: One-year contract with a possibility of an extension
Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
• Manages the GIZ Governance service team including the housekeepers, gardening, and drivers
• Carries out regular checks on all technical parts of the Governance Building and makes sure everything is in order
• Reports damages and malfunctions in and at the Building and its premises to management on time
• Handles all technical and organizational matters regarding telecommunication, such as telephone, internet; etc
• Ensuring ICT equipment (photocopier; printer etc.) and all other office equipment are in good working condition; to this end, the officer conducts regular checks on this equipment.
• Liaising with public service providers (Telecommuncation, Internet, electrical power, water supply) in connection with their services to the offices and ensures timely payment of these utilities
Arranges for and communicates with external service providers eg. Cleaning, security services, etc., when needed
• Supervises and coordinates the security, follows up on the activities of the security company and cleaning services, reports failure to management and proposes
• Checks and advises management on the adherence of regulations of the office building and provides recommendations to management when needed.
• Ensures health and safety, updates him/herself on safety, firefighting and security precautions and advises members of the office building accordingly.
• Assists in the logistical management of meetings in the office building
• Manages transport services
• Confirms the proper handling and utilization of the vehicles assigned to the project by ensuring trips are registered by the drivers (monitors logbooks) and regular maintenance service is undertaken in collaboration with the drivers
• Prepares monthly fuel consumption summaries and averages
Improved Service Provision
• Organizes training on service mentality, technical and mechanical courses, writing and speaking, ecology (separate waste management, composting), health and hygiene, first aid, etc.
• Introduces measures for effective coordination of the project drivers’ schedules.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• Assists in and/or carries out other activities and tasks assigned by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Hotel / Facility Management
• At least 3 years working experience in Logistics / Hotel / Facility Management or a similar position (according to international standards) with references
• Good knowledge of the English language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
• Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, scanner, Internet and its software)
• Disciplined and Punctual
• Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
• Resilience and patience
• Good communication skills
• Excellent organizing skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with Management
Competitive GIZ salary structure, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED