The Anglican Diocesan Development and Relief Organization (ADDRO) is a registered faith-based non-profit organization that seeks to transform life, uphold human dignity and justice for all people irrespective of tribe, sex, religious or political affiliations.
Over the years, ADDRO has strived to create a holistic impact on communities through its development programs on the following thematic areas: Agriculture and Sustainable Livelihoods, Health, Education and Advocacy, Environment, Governance and Peace building, Disaster Management and Relief, and Capacity Development.
Job Title: bProject Officer – IECD
Location/Duty station: Bosome Freho District in the Ashanti Region
Reporting line: Health Coordinator, ADDRO
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
ADDRO is looking for an energetic and analytical person for the position of Project Officer in the Bosome Freho District of the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
The position is accountable to the Health Coordinator, and responsible for implementing and monitoring field activities, providing guidance and support to programme volunteers to carry out project activities effectively and efficiently.
The key responsibilities and functions of the Project Officer include:
- Assist in identification and training of volunteers and programme participants
- Supervise the activities of programme volunteers
- Organize community sensitization and awareness on programme activities
- Keep records of participants and document their achievements and lesson learning
- Monitor and give technical advice to programme participants and volunteers
- Draw work plans and submit to the Health Coordinator for approval
- Facilitate Savings with Education activities
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with collaborators in the district
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to Health Coordinator
- Perform any other duties as and when Management deems fit in the interest of the organization.
Required Skills or Experience
The successful candidate should:
- Possess excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Have demonstrable ability to organize, plan, and carry out activities within deadlines
- Be willing to stay and work in the project location (Bosome Freho District)
- Have familiarity and experience working with NGOs and CSOs in Ghana
- Be a strong team player with the ability to quickly establish and build effective working relationships with people at all levels, from different backgrounds
- Be pro-active approach to identifying and resolving problems
- Have strong computer skills. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. etc.)
- Be able to ride a motor bike very well and has a valid riding license
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Early Childhood Development, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related field
- At least three (3) years work experience working in the field of public health, Early Childhood Development or community development
- Experience using Social Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) and other participatory approaches
- Must have proactive attitude: willingness and ability to take initiative
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and develop solutions to them
Language Requirements: Fluency in Twi and English
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs and scanned or photocopies of relevant certificates to:
The Executive Director,
Anglican Diocesan Development and Relief Organization (ADDRO),
P.O. Box 545,
electronically to [email protected]
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing date for submission of applications is 31th December, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED