Sub-Saharan Africa DAAD In-Country/Region Scholarship Programme 2024
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides financial assistance to students from underdeveloped regions of the world so that they can pursue higher education and conduct research in their home countries in conjunction with a variety of German educational establishments.
This assistance is provided on an annual basis. We would like to extend an invitation to any interested students from the sub-Saharan African region to submit an application for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship for Sub-Saharan Africans (West and Central Africa or the Southern African region).
The overall goal of the initiative is to strengthen higher education systems in sub-Saharan Africa so that they are able to contribute to the region’s ability to achieve sustainable development. To this purpose, persons who want to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for scholarships to cover the cost of development-related Master’s or Doctoral degree programs.
DAAD Scholarship Information Regarding Sub-Saharan Africa
- Sponsor: DAAD is the sponsor of this scholarship.
- Scholarship to be taken in: countries located in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Level of Study: Postgraduate (Master’s and Doctoral)
- Eligibility Criteria: Sub-Saharan Africans are the only nationalities that can apply.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Graduates and postgraduates from countries in Sub-Saharan Africa are the focus of the scholarship program.
- With an undergraduate degree if they are applying to a master’s degree program
- Having obtained a Master’s degree prior to enrolling in a doctorate program
- Who choose to study Master’s or Ph.D. courses in their own country (these scholarships are referred to as “In-Country scholarships”) or in another nation located within the Sub-Saharan African region (these scholarships are referred to as “In-Region scholarships”).
- Applicants who are female and candidates who come from less fortunate regions or groups are particularly encouraged to take part in the program.
The application and interview processes are distinct for each of the many degree programs. The request for applications contains further information, which can be found here.
The application procedure is typically broken down into two distinct stages.
- The first thing that applicants need to do is send their scholarship applications to the organization that will be hosting them.
- Following the completion of the preliminary selection process, those applicants who have been shortlisted will be requested to resubmit their applications through the DAAD site in order to be considered for the final selection.
- Take into consideration that the application process could be different depending on the host school and the region.
- In the many calls for applications, the precise application guidelines pertaining to each host institution are provided.
Scholarship Opportunities and Their Benefits
In most cases, recipients of scholarships will be awarded;
- A stipend paid every month
- An allowance for studies and research
- Profit margin for printing
- The cost of schooling
Exclusively available to recipients of an In-Region Scholarship:
- the allowance for travel
- Obtaining health insurance
- The length of time that the funding will be provided
The funding is offered for the standard amount of time that it takes to complete a program, which is typically up to two years for master’s degree programs and up to three years for doctoral degree programs.
The goal of the program is to set up strong, globally focused higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa that can support sustainable growth. For those who want to work in teaching and/or research in a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa, scholarships are provided for Master’s or PhD studies in development.
The following long-term effects are made possible by the program’s preparation of upcoming academic and professional leaders:
- Graduates advancing research and education in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Regional networking and partner institutions’ and universities’ structural strengthening
- The following outcomes have been developed as programming objectives to accomplish these long-term impacts:
- Program goal 1: Graduates are prepared to assume leadership roles in their or their region of origin.
- Program aim 2: Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to participate.
- Program aim 3: Partner institutions’ organizational, financial, and personal capacities are strengthened
The DAAD provides scholarships for PhD and Master’s studies as a part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program.” The program, which is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), is primarily aimed at university faculty while also meeting the need for academically qualified workers in the public sector.
How to Submit Your Application:
Graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s program, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral program who want to pursue Master’s or Ph.D. courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships) are the target group for scholarships. Graduates and postgraduates are eligible for scholarships.
Applicants who are female and candidates who come from less fortunate regions or groups are urged to enroll in the program with a particular emphasis.
In order to submit an application for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme 2024, you will need to visit the official scholarship application page by following the link provided below.
On this page, you will find a list of degree programs that are funded within this scholarship program in the regions of West and Central Africa, Eastern Africa, and Southern Africa, as well as links to the respective calls for applications for each of these regions.
Deadline for Applications: Varies Based on Host Institutions
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED