December 5th, 2023 at 05:13 am
Study In USA: Grand Valley State University Scholarships 2024
Regarding the academic year 2024–2025, Grand Valley State University offers a cordial welcome to potential students from all over the world to submit their applications. At the present moment, applications are being accepted.
About Grand Valley State University Scholarships
International students at GVSU are eligible for two different scholarships. All applicants to the university are automatically considered for the merit scholarship, which is awarded before the start of a degree program (no additional scholarship application is necessary).
The second grant available to GVSU iStudents is the International Student Grant, which they can apply for while they’re still earning their degree. The International Student Scholarship has award amounts ranging from $250.00 to $3000.00. When deciding which applicants to grant, the committee takes into account their financial circumstances, extracurricular activities, personal essays, and academic achievements.
The application period ends at 11:59 p.m. on February 25, 2024. Usually, decisions are made public in April. The scholarship recipient(s) will apply for the grant amount throughout the next academic year (Fall 2024–Winter 2025).
Concerning Grand Valley State University
Founded in 1960, Grand Valley State University is a public university. As of fall 2022, there are 19,379 undergraduate students enrolled overall, and the campus spans 1,391 acres. The academic calendar is based on the semester. Grand Valley State University is ranked #235 in National Universities in the 2024 edition of Best Colleges. The cost of tuition and fees is $14,628 for in-state students and $20,820 for out-of-state students.
Grand Valley State University is situated not far from the Grand Rapids area, which is the second-largest metropolitan area in Michigan. Despite being among the top 100 institutions in the US in terms of enrollment, Grand Valley University places a strong emphasis on liberal education as the cornerstone of all of its academic offerings. During an event dubbed “Campus Life Night,” which gives students the chance to explore the many options for extracurricular activity, freshmen are introduced to over 300 student organizations.
There are about 20 chapters to choose from, and 5% of undergraduates participate in Greek life. The institution advises all first-year students to reside on campus to facilitate their integration into school life, even if it is not necessary.
Grand Valley State Lakers play NCAA Division II basketball and are a part of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Unheralded in its athletic success, the university has won the Director’s Cup seven times in its history as the top NCAA Division II program in the country.
Grand Valley State University has started offering its students environmentally friendly graduation robes as part of its commitment to becoming a more sustainable institution. Students at the university can live both an urban and a rural lifestyle due to its size and location.
Just twenty minutes from Grand Rapids is Lake Michigan, a well-liked summer vacation spot for college students. Twelve miles east of the school is downtown Grand Rapids, which has a wide variety of eateries, clubs, and pubs. Notable graduates of the university include Tommy Remengesau, the former president of the Republic of Palau, and Greg Colton, the writer and director of the animated comedy Family Guy.
Grand Valley State University Student Population
More than 23,000 students at Grand Valley State University are prepared for whatever comes next, ensuring that they are ready for a meaningful profession and an impactful life. The options provided by more than 300 undergraduate and graduate study fields are the first step. Excellent teachers prioritize the success of each student. There are many options for specialized learning, such as student-directed research projects, on-the-job training, and a well-established study abroad program that ranks among the best in the country for participation.
By providing a liberal education that prioritizes critical thinking, innovative problem-solving, and cultural awareness, Grand Valley also helps mold students’ futures by preparing them for life in a world that is changing quickly.
Modern amenities support both academic success and a happy living environment. Grand Valley’s main campus, located in Allendale, features state-of-the-art labs and classrooms, first-rate sports and exercise facilities, an extensive library, and more. Situated in the center of distinctive learning opportunities in Grand Rapids central business district and along the Medical Mile, the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus and the expanding Health Campus are just 15 miles east.
Grand Valley’s campuses are successful because of the combination of state-of-the-art facilities and rigorous academic programs; as a result, the graduation rate is consistently among the highest in the state.
- Host: Grand Valley State University
- Type of Scholarship: Funded
- Level of study: Graduate
- Eligibility: International Students
Why study at Grand Valley State University?
GVSU offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities as well as athletic teams for both male and female attendees. Within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the institution competes at the Division II level and has been awarded the Director’s Cup for having the finest Division II athletic program in the country during the past few years.
There is also the option of participating in intramural sports, as well as fraternities and sororities. You can choose from a wide variety of campus-based housing alternatives; nevertheless, studies have shown that only 27 percent of all undergraduate students live in university housing.
Programs that Grand Valley State University Offers
- Accounting, B.B.A.
- Accounting, M.S.A.
- Advanced American Sign Language undergraduate badge
- Advanced Tax Practice graduate badge
- Adventure Tourism Management Minor
- Adventure Tourism Minor
- Advertising and PR
- Advertising and Public Relations, B.A., B.S.
- Advising Resources
- African/African American Studies
- African/African American Studies Minor
- Aging and Adult Life minor
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Behavioral Neuroscience, B.A., B.S.
- Biology, B.A., B.S.
- Biology, M.S.
- Biomechanics & Motor Performance Lab
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering, B.S.E.
- Biomedical Informatics graduate badge
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences, B.S.
- Biomedical Sciences, M.H.S.
- Biosafety Program
- Biostatistics, M.S.
- Business – Academic Programming
- Business Administration, B.B.A.
- Business Administration, Executive M.B.A. (EMBA)
- Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Business Economics, B.B.A.
- Business Ethics Initiative
- Business Fundamentals undergraduate adult online certificate
- Business Fundamentals undergraduate certificate
- Business School
- Business, General B.B.A.
Scholarship Categories and Benefits
To complete the application, you will be required to provide the following information:
By the beginning of January 2024, you will be required to have finished at least one semester of attending school full-time. Therefore, if you are a new student taking classes during this semester, you will not be able to apply for the Winter 2025 cycle.
If you are seeking a degree, you are required to hold an F-1 visa.
You must make preparations to enroll at Grand Valley State University during the upcoming fall 2024 semester.
- Personal Essay
- Reference Contacts
- The current state of the finances
- Signature and Submission Utilizing Electronic Means
Advice on how to finish filling out the application:
- You can leave an application that is not yet finished and come back to it at a later time, but you are unable to return to pages that have already been completed.
- In addition, before you begin filling out the application, we strongly suggest that you type up your essay in a Word document and save it periodically.
“In what ways has your time spent as a student at Grand Valley State University influenced who you are as an individual?” To what extent have you been able to contribute to the institution and the community through activities such as coursework, participation in groups, employment, volunteer work, and so on? What do you anticipate will be the influence that your time spent at Grand Valley State University will have on your professional life once you graduate?
- Please maintain the length of your essay at or below 300 words or 1800 characters.
- Ensure that your essay is both fascinating and personal. The essay is the primary factor that we evaluate when evaluating applications, along with the applicant’s financial necessity.
Scholarships Available Off-Campus
Within the realm of private scholarships and grants, there are a multitude of choices available. When researching alternate sources of funding, you will find the following websites to be helpful:
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
- LewerMark ‘Make You Mark” Scholarship
- The Princeton Review
- International Peace Scholarship for Women
- International Student Scholar Award
- International Scholarships
- International Student Scholarship Opportunities
How To Apply?
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED