Puma Energy is a Swiss multinational mid-and downstream oil company, majority-owned by Swiss Trafigura and Angolan Sonangol Group. Its operations span over 44 countries across five continents and encompass the supply, storage, refining, distribution, and retail of a range of petroleum products.
- We focus on achieving operational excellence – improving the management and control of existing assets; streamlining costs; and improving our value proposition to customers.
- We focus on growing our current core business – attracting new customers and increasing our turnover; increasing our network presence; and expanding our existing portfolio.
- We focus on finding new sources of value – developing new products and creating new businesses in existing geographies and expanding into markets in new geographies.
- The operations manager is responsible for ensuring smooth Terminal operations with minimum product losses and operational disruptions.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance is performed in line with the Annual Maintenance Plan in the shortest time frame with minimum disruption to operations and in the most cost-effective way.
- Ensure both internal and external customer complaints are addressed to mitigate against any disruptions to the business.
- Act as the focal point for all interested bodies (Puma Infrastructure and external).
- Ensures optimum performance and seeks improvements to create a competitive advantage in terms of safety, security, asset utilization, and costs.
- Maintain a constant and critical appraisal of all operations activities and costs within Infrastructure by directing the teams to manage all achievable resources so that company products are stored, handled, and distributed to the agreed standards at optimum cost.
- Establish a culture of operational excellence within the team by providing leadership, motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- To play a key role in the setting of annual OPEX and CAPEX budgets that will support HSEC and Operational efficiency targets and expected outcomes
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the SAPS & ISO requirements and policies regarding Health, Safety, Environment & Community are in-place and strictly followed; ensure continuous education and improvement of HSEC performance in each terminal; monitor the development of programs and schedule seminars/training/exercise to all employees in the terminal.
- Ensures that the terminals meet or exceed the expectations of all customers; fast and accurate order taking, on-time execution with the right quantity, and on-spec product.
- Responsible for identifying areas, processes needing improvement and implementing best practices in place; recommending actions for items that need improvements, and disseminating best practices to other terminals.
- Take account of regulatory requirements and be the main point of contact with the local Government agencies
- Ensure that the management of stock during the receipt, storage and delivery phase are in place and properly reported on.
- Maintain good relationships with 3rd party storage customers
- Maintain all contracts and permits related to the operations in such a way that full compliance is maintained
- Manage staff in a manner that will ensure high performance and be able to implement consequence management
Key Performance Indicators:
- HSEC stats
- Operational gains and losses
- Operational Excellence
- Internal audits
- Financial indicators – OPEX and CAPEX
- Various operational KPI’s
Direct scope under this responsibility
- Direct reports – 4
- Indirect reports – 75
- Employees are decentralized over 4 locations
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Terminal managers, Regional HSEC, Engineering and Operations
- External – Downstream, 3rd party storage customers, Governmental agencies – NPA & TOR, Regulatory authorities, shipping and clearing agencies, surveyors
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: January 18, 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED