February 11th, 2024 at 05:08 pm
Personal Care Worker Jobs in Australia with Visa 2024 ($24 – 30 hourly)
We are grateful for our staff members and the outstanding work they provide. Personal care worker jobs in Australia offer people the chance to help those in need with basic everyday duties and also serve as a means of obtaining a work visa that may lead to permanent residency in the country.
The following are just a few of the incredible advantages that we offer to our workers.
- The range of hourly rates is $24.36 to $29.23 plus more.
- In addition to paid travel time, there is a $0.78 per kilometer travel allowance.
- You can obtain a free Cert III or IV in Individual Support (Aged Care) through our Traineeships program.
- There are casual and part-time employment available.
- When additional overtime becomes available, make use of it to increase your income.
- Benefit from extra annual days for community and well-being leave.
- Take advantage of an extra paid day off for deep listening every year.
- In addition to our Bump to Baby program, parents will get equal benefits during a 14-week paid parental leave.
- Prepare your smartphone with your customer care plans, fortnightly rosters, and other helpful information before you join us.
- Employee Referral Program: If you successfully refer friends and family to us, you will receive $500.00 (Terms and conditions apply).
- The Employee Assistance Program provides assistance and support to you and your spouse during times of need.
- We will provide you with support upon joining us through our fully compensated, personalized Induction program.
- Savings for employees on general insurance, private health insurance, and Australian Unity Banking products.
- Many discounts and benefits are available with Maxxia Rewards at several department stores, retail stores, travel agencies, restaurants, cinemas, and other establishments.
With the help of our Aboriginal Home Health program, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders can live freely, with support, and with a sense of empowerment in their own homes and communities. These services are provided in a culturally sensitive manner. In KINGSWOOD and the surrounding areas, your new role as a Personal Care Worker will offer a Permanent Part-Time contract with 30 hours each week.
Benefits of Personal Care Worker Jobs in Australia
- Demand for Personal Care Workers: In Australia, the aging population and rising healthcare costs are two reasons driving up demand for personal care workers. Personal care providers have several options and employment security because of this demand.
- Opportunities for Visa Sponsorship: A significant portion of Australian employers are willing to sponsor skilled workers, including those who provide personal care, under a variety of visa programs, such as the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 189, 190, 491), the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187), and the Skilled Visa (subclass 189, 190, 491).
- Competitive Pay and Benefits: Personal caregivers in Australia typically receive competitive pay along with a host of benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, and retirement contributions. Pay varies depending on region, experience level, and company.
- Professional Growth and Career Advancement: Working as a personal care worker in Australia may offer opportunities for professional development. With more education, training, and experience, people can progress to roles like senior care worker and care coordinator or even pursue postgraduate studies in healthcare-related fields.
- Work-Life Balance: Since many jobs for personal care workers allow their staff to set their schedules, work-life balance is a major perk of the job. This flexibility may be especially helpful to those who have personal obligations, like as family responsibilities.
- Contribution to Community Health: Personal caregivers play a vital role in supporting the general well-being and health of the community’s residents, including the elderly, people with disabilities, and those recovering from disease or accident. This sense of purpose and community service can provide incredibly fulfilling results.
- Access to Healthcare Education and Training: To help personal caregivers advance their knowledge, Australia offers a range of healthcare education and training programs. The creation of new professional paths can be aided by employer support in the form of further education or training.
- Permanent Residency Pathway: Personal care workers on temporary visas may be able to apply for permanent residency in Australia by working there. Many skilled migration pathways require work experience in Australia, therefore personal care jobs could be a viable option for people seeking permanent status.
What does your new role look like?
- Clients receive assistance with household duties like dishwashing, cleaning, and food preparation.
- Helping your clients with their personal hygiene needs, including eating, toileting, and showering.
- Helping your clients get to social gatherings, shopping, and appointments.
- Establishing and preserving fruitful connections with our clients’ families.
- Observe health and safety regulations and standards to protect both you and our clients.
- Follow the customer care plan to provide the agreed-upon services efficiently.
- It is necessary to report any issues or modifications to the customer’s health and well-being via the appropriate channels and guidelines.
You shall, above all, uphold our principles of bravery, kindness, and honesty. You’ll be able to provide outstanding customer service and demonstrate empathy at the same time.
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care) or 12 months of experience in an aged care “care” capacity.
- Outstanding written and vocal English skills.
- Roster availability and flexibility from Monday through Friday.
- It is necessary to have a valid driver’s license from Australia and to operate a trustworthy car that is properly maintained and insured.
- Your first aid certificate will still be valid. If you don’t have one, we can set one up for you at no extra charge.
- Every employee of Australian Unity is required to have had the full COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster shot.
Please email SMcGuire@australianunity.com.au or apply right now if you’re seeking a job where you can collaborate with clients to develop meaningful relationships and support your community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work as a care worker in Australia?
A caregiver can enter and remain in Australia for an extended period with the Carer Visa (Subclass 116). The sponsoring relative or family member who resides with the caregiver must be able and willing to provide the sponsoring relative with significant ongoing care and support.
Are caregivers in Australia in high demand?
Australia’s aging population means that there will probably be a greater need for caregivers for the elderly. This is a great time to enter the healthcare industry after the global pandemic. There is a great demand for workers in the aged care industry.
Is sponsorship available for personal care professionals in Australia?
The following important direct care vocations can be sponsored by foreign workers abroad under the Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement:
- Support Worker for Nursing (ANZSCO 423312)
- Assistant for Personal Care (ANZSCO 423313)
- Carer for Old or Disabled (ANZSCO 423111)
Get the most recent information with us on Newsnowgh.com on work permits, visa application procedures, potential routes to permanent residency, and jobs sponsored by visas.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED