Admission of Candidates to Research or Higher Degree Programmes for 2020/2021 Academic Year
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to research and higher degree programmes (CEMBA/CEMPA/MSc/MFA/MA/MCOMM/MBA/EMBA/MPA/MPH/ LLM/MPHARM/MPHIL/PhD)
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Masters Programmes
At the time of application, applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognised Institution in the relevant field of study. Preference will be given to applicants with a First Class or Second Class Division
- PhD Programmes
Candidates applying for Doctor of Philosophy degree must have an MPhil degree or its equivalent from a recognised Institution and shall submit evidence of adequate training and ability to undertake the proposed programme.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Unless otherwise stated,
- Masters Programmes (Full-Time) are of Two (2) Calendar Years and (Part-Time) Three (3) Calendar Years duration.
- PhD Programmes (Full-Time) are of Four (4) Calendar Years and (Part-Time) are of Five (5) Calendar Years duration.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Sale of E-Vouchers/Forms for admission shall commence on Monday, 10th February, 2020.
- Candidates must purchase an eVoucher for both Regular and Distance Learning programmes by paying an application fee of Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00) at the following banks: GCB, Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) or Ecobank.
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an eVouchercontaining an application number and PINthat will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions portal (here!) and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates Must Print Out 2 Copies of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with all relevant documents (Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and Transcript for those attending KNUST for the first time) to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies,
Deadline for submission of application forms is Monday, 31st August, 2020. Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed. Only candidates who successfully gain admission will be notified subsequently.
NB: All International Applicants must generate logins (here!) and apply online. International applicants who are admitted will be required to pay an application fee of USD 200.00 before registration.
- Institute of Distance Learning (IDL) Programmes would only be mounted at Centres with the requisite minimum number of qualified applicants (please contact IDL Office for details).
- Facilitation is a blend of online and face-to-face sessions on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) at the proposed Centres mentioned below.
- For more information and in-depth knowledge about the programmes, visit IDL or call 0247274661 or 0500482885 or 0501102650.
- Kumasi – The Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Learning, Casely-Hayford Building, KNUST Campus, Tel: 0204743271, 0245077483, 0509314350, 0279857058
- Accra – Old KNUST Guest House near Ecobank Head Quarters; contact Michael on Tel. 0500482875 or KNUST Accra City Campus, Kwabenya; contact Luke on Tel: 0546924824.
- Akuse – VRA Academy; contact Alfred Okang on Tel: 0208802435
- Sunyani – University of Energy and Natural Resources. Contact Mr. Alfred Appiah on Tel: 0500482877
- Techiman – BACCSOD Techiman Branch Office, Contact Mr. Toura on 020 578 2024
- Ho – Ho Technical University, Volta Region, Contact Mr Stephen Gbena Tel 050 048 2873
- Takoradi – Sekondi-Takoradi City Campus, Kansawrodo: Mr. E. Opintan-Baah, Tel 0500482883
- Koforidua – Ghana Highway Authority; Contact Mrs Fidelia Teayo Akumiah on 0209377707
- Tamale – Tamale Technical University, Contact Dr. Abubakari Abdul-Razak, Tel. 0500482879
- Bolgatanga – Bolga Secondary School, Contact Mr. Mukasa Zoogah, Tel. 0500482880, 0208288666
- Wa – Jihann Training College, Contact Mr. Dominic Wanaa, Tel. 0500482878
- Cape Coast – Cape Coast Tech University, Contact Mr. K. A. Simpson, Tel. 0500482882
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED