Jumia is a clear ongoing success story and is already the leading Internet Group in Africa. Founded in 2012, it is currently operating in 15+ countries and is empowered by more than 4,000 employees.
Since its inception, Jumia has created over 100 companies in 10 different verticals: online retail, food ordering platform, recruitment platform, online marketplace, real estate marketplace, vehicle marketplace, B2B logistics provider for online commerce, online travel agency, and P2P lending marketplace. Jumia has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC, and Goldman Sachs.
In early 2016, the group received more than 500M USD funding, valuing the company at over 1bn USD.
Africa is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey
POSITION: Chief Marketing Officer
As Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of marketing, viral expansion, and advertising initiatives for Jumia Ghana.
Generate revenue by increasing visibility and sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, partnerships, affiliates, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations.
- Develop an overall marketing plan in line with the overall business strategy and goals.
- Custodian of total marketing, branding, and overall marketing performance.
- Overseeing the CRM process, ROI, and managing closely agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on customer acquisition, repeat purchase, Average Order Value [AOV], etc.
- Responsible for Marketing Analytics, overseeing market research and competitive intelligence for quick decision making.
- Prepare, own and control marketing budget.
- Accountable for an effective organization’s marketing design; including marketing job roles, channel design, and marketing resource deployment.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the leadership team to ensure alignment of marketing with commercial and business plans.
- Utilize superior understanding of consumer insights and deep knowledge of local trends to identify innovative ideas for profitable growth and execute them.
- Managing relationships with the Central team in a cohesive manner that brings the best of Central and local collaboration to the benefit of the company.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an advanced degree in Marketing, Communications, and Business (MBA).
- 10+ years of experience building strong brands for companies with top-class digital experiences for large, global audiences, preferably in the consumer goods industry.
- 5+ years of data-driven marketing with strong success implementing consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing campaigns with clear business objectives and targets.
- Track record building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team of at least 15 people across branding, PR, digital, analytics, acquisition, and retention.
- Expertise in generating, prioritizing, testing, and delivering on initiatives that can drive growth by 20%.
- Have strong marketing, negotiating skills, and networking capabilities.
- Have effective managerial, leadership skills, and networking capabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and service skills.
- Be highly organized and be able to complete multiple tasks, proactively and with initiative.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to build solid and relevant relationships with marketing agencies and other local partners.
- Excellent intellectual, analytical rigor and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects with various internal & external stakeholders spread globally.
- Experience managing different business verticals (in this case JumiaPrime, JumiaMall, JumiaServices, JumiaPay).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to talk and present confidently in front of key internal and external stakeholders and senior management.
- Passionate about numbers, complexity, and impact.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, surrounded by AAA talent
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth – grow with Jumia
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: January 22, 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED