Job vacancy for Maintenance Engineer at Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer is a site-based role that reports centrally and is responsible for supporting site teams with subject matter expertise and support in rolling out recommendations from Reliability Engineers and specialized global programs including Hydrocarbon Management and Asset Integrity.
Key Outcomes Include
- Provide direct management of team of Maintenance Engineers/Advisors.
- Provide support to site Asset Management (AM) teams with technical maintenance engineering/advising needs including facilitating and overseeing technical inspections, managing technical vendors on sites, and providing guidance to scope out complex maintenance work.
- Support and drive site implementation of best practices and standards developed by Reliability Engineers and subject matter expert groups within the Asset Management Operating Support Network (AM OSN) including Hydrocarbon Management and Asset Integrity.
- Communicate global AM best practices and technical vision at a site level.
In This Role You Will
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health.
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives.
Support site AM teams with technical engineering expertise
- Implement solutions for gaps or challenges faced by site AM teams relating to maintenance engineering support.
- Ensure all site AM teams are supported with best-in-class technical support when planning complex tasks, selecting, and managing technical vendors, and conducting inspections.
- Providing training of site personnel, including site-based maintenance engineers to support Asset Management programs including hydrocarbon management and condition monitoring.
- Support shared learning from inspections and root cause analysis investigations at site.
- Support site teams in identifying and prioritizing top issues through data and technical expertise.
Ensure governance and successful execution of AM OSN programs on sites
- Identify and mitigate challenges relating to execution and governance of global reliability engineering, hydrocarbon management, and asset integrity programs and recommendations.
- Act as a regional/global champion for Asset Management programs.
Support Talent Management for Maintenance Engineers
- Provide input into and implement global talent management strategy and pipeline for maintenance engineers including identifying and addressing training needs.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and development for maintenance engineering direct reports.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent Engineering, a technical diploma, or equivalent industry experience.
- ERP system experience desirable.
- Understanding of reliability principles and data driven insights.
- Sectional Engineer Certification of competency from the inspectorate division of Minerals Commission, Ghana.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in heavy industry.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Experience with change, communication, and knowledge management methodologies.
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices across multiple sites.
- Experience using analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability, and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets.
- Experience with root cause analysis of production loss and development of successful solutions to reduce losses.
- Experience facilitating statutory / regulatory requirements.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization.
- Demonstrated leadership through direct or indirect supervisory positions.
- An ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking.
- An ability to manage tasks both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across different functions and between site and central teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out of normal office hours requirements of leading a globally diverse team.
- Position may be office based or hybrid.
- Position may be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Flexible hours required to accommodate global nature of work.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Closing Date : 28th August. 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Administrative Manager Job Vacancy at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- APPLY NOW|| Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job
- Exciting Career Opportunity at TechnoServe
- Catholic Relief Services Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Bunge
- Global American Business Institute Latest Job
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Latest Job Offer
- Kinross Gold Corporation Employment Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at St. Joseph’s College of Education
- New Job Openings at Epiroc
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED