Job Vacancy for Instructional Design and Training Officer at MEDA Ghana
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for an Instructional Design and Training Officer to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Instructional Design and Training Officer develops a gendered, relevant training curriculum by engaging key value chain stakeholders including strengthening the knowledge base and capacity of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. The position holder researches relevant training approaches and content for training, develops training curriculum and modules for GROW2 clients and contributes to GROW2’s learning and progress reports by informing the training components.
Reporting to the Monitoring and Impact Measurement Manager, the Advisor will build effective relationships with stakeholders and foster growth by identifying best practices that will enhance the businesses of GROW2 clients and partners and train them on such. The role holder will represent GROW2 in the community and act as an advocate for industry training.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
- Research relevant training approaches and curriculum and remain up to date with developments within the industry/sector
- Develop and review relevant training curriculum
- Create printed and instructional materials to be used in training.
- Coordinate curricula development in a participatory manner
- Actively seek current training methods and best practices to facilitate training staff, clients, and partners.
- Assist in planning, creating, and implementing each year’s training courses and materials for each unit.
- Work with the MIM Manager and other technical experts to develop innovative strategies to deliver quality training
- Provide weekly activity reports detailing significant events, progress on projects component training by staff and partners
- Identify new opportunities for business development while interacting with clients and partners
- maintain close working relationships with GROW2 implementing partners, often acting in the role of convener and/or coordinator to ensure that knowledge is distilled down and utilized at the client level
- Contribute to project annual work plans, progress reports, and other MIM, reporting, and communications activities, in collaboration with project staff
- Develop tools to measure the impact of training interventions
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Minimum of bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s degree) in a relevant field such as education, communications, community development, international development, agriculture or agribusiness
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience in the design and execution of impactful training programs – with examples and metrics as evidence.
Previous experience working with an international non-governmental organization (INGO) (highly desired)
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision, and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty
- Previous experience working as a Training Coordinator role is required (desired)
- Comfortable utilizing information technology and various social media platforms, as well as managing web-CMS, SMS campaigns, and technology-based communications solutions (highly desired)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously
- Instructional experience in a group business setting preferred
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service
- Experience providing full-scope training materials, from analyzing company needs to lesson planning, development, and implementation
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in creating instructional materials
- Experience creating yearly training plans and materials for all departments
How to Apply for Instructional Design and Training Officer at MEDA Ghana
Click here to read more and apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 6, 2022 5:00pm GMT.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED