We are looking for an experienced IOS Engineer to join a talented team in the Platform Services engineering group.
This role is an opportunity to build in a new codebase with minimal legacy code concerns. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity.
You are excited by the opportunity to leverage your years of experience to build substantial new technology that will change people’s relationships with healthcare. You hate shipping bugs so you appreciate how a typed language can catch most errors during the compilation (or transpilation) phase.
You strive to make your code modular, reusable, and clear for all who come after you. You want to be a part of a growing team that cares about code quality, emphasizes code ownership, and supports those practices through clear communication, regular code reviews, and comprehensive automated testing.
- Develop native (Swift) IOS apps from the ground up
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Architect and design custom mobile applications for iOS
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Write quality unit tests, performance tests, and UI tests
- Work in an agile (Scrum) development environment, fully participating in scrum ceremonies (standups, grooming, retrospectives, demos)
- Taking ownership of existing iOS mobile applications, and leading the evolution and support
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working with iOS Architecture, frameworks, and design patterns (MVVM, MVC, MVP, Viper, combine, etc)
- Experience working on large scale Android application
- Able to collaborate with a high performing team
- Experience with version control tools
- Experience with automated build systems
- Have worked within an Agile scrum development process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
Vien Health is an inspired team with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the best possible medicine.
We are building a new operating system in healthcare – one that combats the biggest challenges in healthcare across Africa. Our work is inspired by our members’ journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We excel in a dynamic while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED