- Company: Barry Callebaut Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 11,000 passionate Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
Farm Service Officer – Kumasi, Ghana
We Have Committed To Four Bold Targets That Address The Biggest Sustainability Challenges In The Chocolate Supply Chain By 2025
Background Barry Callebaut, the world’s largest cocoa and chocolate producer, is seeking to recruit Technical officers to directly work with households and cocoa farmers on good agronomic practices, environmental issues, child protection and related social interventions in targeted cocoa farming communities in Ghana to ensure sustainability of the cocoa sector. “Forever Chocolate” is our ambition to make sustainable chocolate the norm by 2025.
- We will eradicate child labor from our supply chain;
- We will lift more than 500,000 cocoa farmers out of poverty;
- We will become carbon and forest positive;
- We will have 100% sustainable ingredients in all of our products.
The position is embedded in Barry Callebaut’s Ghana local sustainability team, with direct reporting to the Sustainability Sector Manager in the different sectors of operations as defined by the company in Ghana. The recruits will be key in supporting the existing team in translating project goals and objectives into deliverables in the communities.
- Supervising farms of registered producers to ensure compliance with certification standards;
- Maintain all relevant database of district farmer group details ( trainings , input, planting materials and volumes records);
- Give technical advice on good agricultural practices;
- Lead the organization of annual internal inspections by internal inspectors;
- Follow-up on non-compliances detected in the internal inspections and assist in their correction.
- Ensure that the company is able to successfully pass certification standards carried out in your operational area by the company;
- Takes part in the sanctioning and approval process of producers;
- Give technical advice on good environmental practices;
- Carryout farmer Trainings and see to the adoption by farmers of various interventions embarked upon by the company in the district of operation;
- Provide assistance during client visits in your area of operation;
- Submit weekly progress reports to sector managers;
- Work on demonstrational plots to use as a point of reference by farmers on new technologies;
- Lead the selection of farmers to benefit from under-planting and provide technical guidance for the success of the fields;
- Take charge with the guidance of the sector manager to implement client projects for which the technical officer’s district is selected;
- Lead in community development activities- Community Child Protection Committee developments, Hybrid Community development activities, District Committee formations, women empowerment, child Census, etc.
- Custodian of all company assets e.g. pole pruners, Motorbikes etc. handed to you for your work as a technical officer.
- A minimum qualification of Diploma in Agriculture/Social Works/ Community Development, a degree or a masters in the above named fields will be an added advantage.
- Sufficient experience and or knowledge in cocoa production.
- Ability to speak the local language of the people is an added advantage.
- Ability to ride a motorbike and with a valid license;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Ability, willingness to work in the rural communities of Ghana;
- Knowledge in Good Agronomic Practices ;
- Must demonstrate great interest in Agriculture and social work;
- Must be a team player;
- Must willingly exhibit all the core values of the Barry Callebaut group – Integrity, Customer focus, Passion, Entrepreneurship and Team Spirit.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED