January 31st, 2020 at 09:17 am
- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Finance Manager (FM). The incumbent is responsible for providing supports to the FM in financial administration tasks such as data entry, processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and properly filed and reconciling bank accounts entries.
Indirect Advisory Responsibilities
The incumbent deals with the country staff specially Field Facilitators regarding advances. He/she is expected to provide advices to the country staff in this regard.
• Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
• Filing of vouchers and send the vouchers to Finance at country office on a monthly basis.
• Ensures that all payments are made on time.
• Review bank transactions to ensure all the cheques are processed; files hardcopies and prepare bank reconciliation.
• Record all financial transactions into the RTP Daily Expenses Log (DEL).
• Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent.
• Responsible for budget follow up and the correct use of all the donor codes.
• Do regular surprise cash counts from cashier, where applicable
Financial Implementation and Management
• Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit.
• Updating financial elements of RTP risk register.
• Ensures the Organization complies with the financial requirements of the Donors.
• Assists with preparing budgets for funding application, forecast and annual budgets of the organisation.
• Supports FM on staff training on RTP rules, policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• Supports partners on RTP policies, donor compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete.
• Maintains and tracks cash advances and ensure all amounts are reconciled and liquidated
• Support FM in tracking salary advances in coordination with HR.
Planning and Organizing
• The incumbent is expected to come up with a weekly plan in line with the country’s work plan.
• However, the incumbent is expected to respond to urgent matters as directed by the supervisor. Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
• 3 years’ experience in accounting and knowledge of grant management.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Integrity and details focused
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
• Good analytical skill
• Ability to work with staff at all levels
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
• Good skill at using financial software applications
• Skilled in maintaining documentation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good knowledge of accounting and Human Resources practice, policies and procedures.
Fluency in spoken and written English
The incumbent is expected to deal with day to day work issues independently. Seek guidance from the FM when dealing with unusual situations.
Failing to submit accurate and timely financial reports will have a negative impact on the financial aspect of RTP in the country of operation. The incumbent is accountable for the quality and accuracy of data imputed into the financial system
The incumbent is expected to keep information, records, data, and files in a safe place and share the information only with the authorized level.
The incumbent is expected to introduce an improvement to the work process and help others using the improved process.
The incumbent expected to enhance relationships with all staff in the country office. The incumbent is expected to maintain good relationships with counterparts in the banks and insurance providers.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent through GhanaHR@righttoplay.com • Please note this is a one year fixed Term Contract renewable. • This Position Is Based In Tamale – Ghana Closing Date: 29 February 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED