Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for African Development Bank Recruitment
- Company: African Development Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The overall objective of the Financial Management Department is to safeguard and improve the Bank Group’s risk-bearing capacity while looking to optimize efficiency to benefit clients, shareholders, and staff.
The role of the Treasury Risk Management Division is the management and reporting of treasury risk and the oversight of treasury activities that enable the Bank to make informed and profitable investment and borrowing decisions thereby preserving capital, optimizing profitability and maintaining a strong credit rating. The Division’s objectives are to:
- Identify, measure, monitor and mitigate market and credit risks in the Bank’s Treasury operations;
- Ensure the timely reporting of the Treasury Department’s borrowing and investment activities;
- Build an efficient control framework to ensure the adherence to the Bank’s policies, Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) guidelines and to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Provide efficient information systems and analytical support tools to the Treasury Department to improve the decision-making process.
Click on the link below to apply for the job online:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED