Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for African Development Bank Recruitment
- Company: African Development Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and
manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development
Bank and the African Development Fund. The President supervises several Departments and Units including
Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISON:
The purpose of the Department is to plan, prepare and implement public relations and institutional communication programs designed to make the Bank better known by its various audiences so as to promote social and economic development in Africa, and to establish and maintain the Bank’s credibility and good reputation as Africa’s leading development finance institution. The Department is also responsible for enabling the Bank to understand better, how the institution is perceived both internally and externally.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director Communication and External Relations, the incumbent:
Provide assistance in the administrative, financial and personnel support services of a programme, office or organization Unit by compiling and maintaining budget and payments; coordinating changes in office space; processing requisitions for equipment and supplies; maintaining office records; providing general information on and monitoring the timely and accurate documentation of actions related to recruitment, appointments, promotions, transfers, allowances and benefits, travel authorizations and claims; and arranging facilities for meetings and notifying participants.
In addition, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the liaison with other organizational units
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Director, the Administrative Assistant has the following responsibilities:
- Prepare documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Acts as a secretary at meetings. Drafts the minutes of the meetings; establishes a reporting system on all decisions taken during the meetings for follow up of implementation of outstanding decisions.
- Processes the schedule of interdepartmental meetings within the Bank, consultation and bilateral meetings with between Bank and other partners.
- the request to incur representation expenses; follow up of actions to be taken by concerned services
- Represents the department at Finance/Budget meetings related to carrying over budget meetings with FIFC, CHGS, and budget departments and disseminates information on any guidelines, instructions, communicated during the meetings
Administration, Budget and Finance
- Assists in and advises the Director and Managers on a variety of administrative and personnel matters;
- Establishes stock control system for the management of office supplies and other bank properties (Personal computers, printers, faxes …); centralizes requests for office supplies submitted by staff within the department and makes provisions in order to ensure distribution of the required items.
- Advises on the allocation of support staff to meet priorities, workload, and timeliness; participates in the recruitment of temporary local staff by reviewing candidatures; pre-selecting candidates, and participating in an interview panel, providing reports for decision making, drafting terms of reference and follow-up of their recruitment.
- Negotiates with CHGS allocation of appropriate office space for the Unit by providing justifications; responsible for organizing and coordinating office moving operations.
- Contributes to the preparation of the budget of the department as Mid-year budget retrospective by:
- Collecting facts and presenting them for decision making; recording data, monitoring, and reporting on the department budget implementation level;
- Initiating actions on expenses to be incurred, processing requests for recruitment of short-term staff and consultants, missions, with particular attention to the procedures, follow-up of the required travel authorizations, contracts and payments.
- Arrange travel, visa, and accommodation for staff going on missions.
- Initiate and prepare various administrative documents and forms, such as staff list, Staff missions, training programs, staff absence (annual leave, home leave, excused absence, and maternity leave) as well as statistical data when required on staff.
- Manage to create process reports in SAP.
- Store inventory control, reception, management and distribution of promotional items.
- Follow up on requests addressed to the department via the PCER support platform.
Reporting and Correspondence
- the department’s reports and the reporting on the level of work executed by (i) reminding and collecting the work programs from Managers and staff; (ii) proofreading and formatting their inputs, and submitting (within the required deadline) to the Director.
- correspondence that requires research and/or discussion on administrative and technical matters such as:
- Information memoranda to staff,
- Various obtain information or approval from other departments with respect to requests related to administrative issues.
- Assist applicable programming of the Department activities by appropriate software, entering project information producing the Department’s reports.
- Liaise with professional staff in the Division to obtain information for special and ongoing projects.
- Ensure maintenance of sufficient stocks of stationery and other basic office requisites.
- Track and follow-up on documents, deal with incoming emails, faxes, and general mails.
- Handle internal and general public inquiries; screen telephone calls and requests, and handle them as appropriate; welcome and look after visitors; organize and maintain electronic diaries and make appointments.
- Maintain confidential records and filing of report s, correspondence and related material for ease of referral.
- Source and documents for research purposes and ascertain d techniques required to projects.
- Hold at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial training/administration/office management (BTS or DUT).
- Have a minimum of
- Knowledge of secretarial skills and duties
- Knowledge of administration duties
- Experience in drafting general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions
- Experience in coordinating, scheduling and management of program at the senior executive level (daily schedule and long-term schedule).
- Experience in supporting operations of international organizations is preferable;
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from a diverse background
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other. Proficiency in both languages is an asset.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED