October 18th, 2023 at 04:43 am
African Development Bank 2024 Paid Internship
The African Development Bank is currently accepting applications for its Internship Program from candidates who are adequately qualified and who are interested in gaining both professional and practical experience working for the African Development Bank. The beginning of the program is scheduled for January 2024.
Candidates who are successful in this competition will be placed in a variety of departments throughout the bank’s headquarters in Abidjan, as well as its regional and country offices. However, depending on the requirements of their separate hiring units, the interns who are chosen to participate will carry out their work for the internship either online or at the location where they were hired. Throughout the course of 2024, the bank will host a total of two (2) internship programs.
- Host Organization: African Development Bank
- Program Type: Internship Program
- Internship Location: Bank’s Regional and Country Offices
- Internship Duration: 3 months
- Basic Qualifications: Currently in a master’s-level degree program
- Eligible Nationality: All Nationalities
Criteria for Acceptance into the Program
In order for applicants to be taken into consideration for the internship program offered by the African Development Bank, they are expected to meet the following conditions:
- In order to be eligible for the internship program, applicants need to have reached the legal age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and cannot be older than thirty (30) years old at the time the program begins.
- Applicants are required to be enrolled full-time in a master’s degree program at an accredited public or private educational institution of higher learning in the United States at the time of application.
- Prospective candidates have the opportunity to submit their applications for internships within the first year following the completion of the relevant degree program.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the countries that make up the African Development Bank member countries.
- Applicants must either provide a letter from their institution indicating that they are currently enrolled there or a copy of the degree that was previously specified. The Bank of Canada requires applicants to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in either English or French, which are both official working languages.
- Have a working understanding of the standard software tools used by the bank, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access; familiarity with SAP is a desired but not required qualification.
The following academic disciplines are required for participation in the internship:
Interns must have degrees in fields that fall within the Bank’s job families, such as economics, agriculture, private sector development, human capital development (education and health), environment, finance, infrastructure development, human resources management, information technology, communications, law, internal audit, budget, governance, or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
Students who are working on projects that have a direct influence on the Bank’s purpose will be given special attention for internships and employment opportunities.
The application process and its steps
Guidelines for Submission:
Applicants will only be taken into consideration if they submit an online application that is complete and attach a curriculum vitae (CV) that is comprehensive.
In the event that you experience any technical issues when submitting your application, please send an email to HR Direct at HRDirect@AFDB.ORG with a detailed explanation of the situation and/or a screenshot illustrating the issue. Thank you.
During the calendar year 2024, the Bank will host not one but two internship programs. This announcement pertains to session 1, which will get underway in the month of January 2024. The beginning of session 2 is scheduled to take place in July 2024, and the announcement regarding session 2 will take place in April 2024.
The deadline to submit applications is in December of 2023.
Applicants are not required to pay the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) in any way during the hiring process, which includes the job application, CV review, interview, and final application processing. Furthermore, the Bank does not ask for details regarding the bank accounts of applicants.
The African Development Bank Group disclaims any liability for any fraudulent activity involving the publishing of employment offers under its name or any other fraudulent use of the bank’s name.
Please be aware that dual nationality is not accepted by the Bank. As such, in the event that you are hired, you must designate which nationality you would like the Bank to take into consideration going forward. Kindly attach official government-issued identification documents, such as a passport, national identity card, certificate, etc.
About the African Development Bank
The African Development Bank (AfDB) was established in 1964 and has since become the preeminent pan-African development agency, with the mission of fostering both economic expansion and social advancement across the continent. There are 81 member states, 54 of which are located in Africa and are referred to as Regional Member Countries.
As part of its development mission, the Bank is working to provide the financial and technical support necessary for transformative projects that would considerably cut poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up in order to sharpen the focus of the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) and ensure a greater developmental impact. These five major areas are as follows: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration, and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. Scaling up these areas will ensure a greater impact on development.
The Internship program is a component of a larger Talent Management Framework, which enables the Bank to deliver on the High 5s and the Ten-Year Strategy.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED