UK Opportunity for Commonwealth Citizens – Big Opportunity to Move to the UK
This piece reveals a valuable secret. The chance to relocate to the UK is excellent for citizens of Commonwealth nations.
Find out everything you need to know about moving to the UK as a soldier. From your nation, you can enlist in the British military. You are not required to be in the Army or even to reside in the UK. Citizens of the Commonwealth have much more at stake.
Royal Navy Commonwealth Opportunities
A career in the Royal Navy is now more accessible than ever for citizens of the Commonwealth because you don’t have to be a resident of the UK to apply.
- To apply, you will need to hold a valid passport and meet the eligibility criteria for your chosen role.
- Second, if you’re an overseas applicant, you need to be age 18 or over and have a Visa. However, if you live in the UK, you can apply from age 16 and will need a biometric residency card.
- Also, if you wish to apply as a Nursing Rating or Nursing Officer you need to hold registration with the Council. If you wish to join as a Medical Officer and your primary medical qualification is from outside the UK or EEA the General Medical Council needs to make sure it is acceptable in the UK.
Bringing your family
Once you are a serving member of the Royal Navy, you are exempt from immigration controls. That means you won’t need a visa to stay in the UK as long as you remain in service. This is the case from the day you start training.
Normal immigration rules will still apply to your family, so they could need a visa to visit the UK and may only be able to stay for a limited period. It’s also important that your family meet the minimum English language requirements.
Below are all the positions in the Royal Army currently open to Commonwealth applicants.
- Marine engineer
- Dental nurse
- Engineering technician
- Mine warfare specialist
- Hydrography and meteorology specialist
- Marine commando
- Marine musician
- Seaman specialist
- Biomedical scientists
- Dental officer
- Dental hygienist
- Logistics officer
- Environmental health officer
- Marine engineer officer
- Medical assistant
- Naval nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Medical officer
- Naval airman aircraft handler
- Naval nurse
- Nursing officer
- Operating department practitioner
- Marine bugler
- Supply chain logistician
- Marine officer
- Writer logistician
Benefits Enjoyed by Commonwealth Citizens in the UK
Given this special relationship between the 54 countries, it is important to comprehend the privileges enjoyed by Commonwealth people living in the UK.
Right of Abode in the UK
The ‘right of residence’ gives individuals the freedom to live or work in the UK without being subject to immigration controls (unlike visa holders). In addition to not requiring a visa to enter or remain in the UK, those with the right of residence are also not subject to a specified time limit for their stay.
Many Commonwealth citizens—through their parents or their marriage—have the right to residence, though not all do.
UK Ancestry visa
For UK Ancestry visas, several Commonwealth citizens are also qualified. The ability to stay in the UK for five years without requesting a leave extension is one of the key advantages of this visa type. The Commonwealth citizen may then apply for indefinite permission to remain (ILR) after five years of residence in the UK.
The Commonwealth citizen must: qualify for a UK Ancestry Visa.
- First and foremost, hail from a country other than the UK
- Next, be older than 17 and demonstrate that one of their grandparents was born in the United Kingdom, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, in Ireland, or aboard a vessel or aircraft with a British registration
- In addition, they must be able to support themselves financially while in the UK and be able to work there.
- Besides that, they must also show proof of a negative tuberculosis test (not for all countries).
You can also apply for an ancestry visa if you or the relevant parent was adopted or was born in the UK, whether you were married or not. However, using step-parents to apply for a UK Ancestry visa is not permitted. Over £516 is required for the UK Ancestry visa. The healthcare premium, which is now £624 annually (per applicant), is further required of applicants.
Applications for UK Ancestry visas cannot be submitted more than three months before departure, and judgments are normally rendered within three weeks of receipt of the application. You will be permitted to work, study, and bring family members with you if you have a UK Ancestry visa.
Some Commonwealth citizens, but not all, are eligible to travel, work, visit, and study in the UK for up to six months without the need to apply for a visa in advance. It is crucial to confirm on the UK Home Office website if you must provide a visa upon arrival at the UK border, although this is regrettably not the case in all Commonwealth countries.
Exemption from the English language test
Some Commonwealth citizens are excluded from taking the English language test while applying for a visa, which is another perk. Once more, this does not apply to all Commonwealth nations, but it applies to nationals of the nations listed below;
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
The advantages for Commonwealth nationals in the UK differ depending on the nation of origin and the person’s family history. The ability to travel, work, and study without a visa for durations of up to six months may be advantageous for some. Others might be able to live there legally or qualify for an ancestry visa.
It is advised that you seek the counsel and direction of immigration Solicitors in the UK who can evaluate your eligibility and rights if you are unsure of your rights as a Commonwealth citizen. This might allow you to skip the time-consuming, expensive, and frequently stressful process of applying for a visa to enter and remain in the UK.
Visit Newsnowgh.com for the most up-to-date information on changes to visa criteria, prospective paths to obtaining legal residency, and others.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED