November 12th, 2023 at 05:40 am
Skilled Jobs in Malta with Visa Sponsorship for Foreign Workers (€15,000 to €22,000 / year)
Don’t let Malta’s small size mislead you. In terms of job prospects and career progression, the island is significant.
Malta provides a comprehensive deal: a Mediterranean lifestyle, a dynamic social scene, exquisite weather, a thriving job market, and lucrative opportunities.
Malta’s Culture and Climate
Malta’s inhabitants have a good reputation for being a warm and open society. Because of the island’s tiny and pleasant demeanor, it is easy to make acquaintances and establish ties.
Throughout the island, you will notice influences from a variety of cultures dating back to a time in Malta’s history. Malta’s identity is an intriguing blend of European and African civilizations because it is located 93 kilometers south of Sicily and 288 kilometers north of the Sahara.
The Maltese language, written in Latin characters, is a hybrid of Semitic and Romantic origins. It helps that English, along with Maltese, is an official language. The majority of Maltese, 88% to be exact, speak English fairly well, making it simple to integrate into Maltese life. It is also worth noting that Malta has a thriving expatriate community that is growing year after year.
Malta’s climate is one of its most appealing features, with a year-round average temperature of 23 °C throughout the day. Winter can be slightly rainy and chilly at best, but it is more pleasant than in any other European country. On average, the island receives 12 hours of sunlight every day, for a total of approximately 3,054 hours of sunlight per year. When compared to London’s 1,633 hours of sunlight, it may not seem like much.
Malta Work Permits and Visas
If you are an EU/EEA/EFTA citizen, settling on the island is simple and within your rights. It is not necessary for you to obtain a work visa.
THE REST OF THE WORLD
This is when things become a bit complicated. There are two choices, which we shall detail for you.
Malta Citizenship by Investment is a possibility if you have the financial means to invest in citizenship. This EU-approved initiative provides second citizenship choices to families relocating for personal or commercial reasons. In terms of cost, return on investment, time period, and benefits achieved, it is one of the most competitive programs of its kind.
Work Visa (Single Permit): In order to be qualified, your employer must apply for a work permit on your behalf. Depending on the permit required, the process can take anything from a few weeks to a few months.
Skilled Jobs in Malta with Visa Sponsorship
1. Marine Technician
UNEC Servicing Ltd in Malta specializes in the repair and maintenance of prominent brands such as DAF, Caterpillar, Cummins, Hyster, and Ingersoll Rand, among others, from our modern workshop in Burmarrad. UNEC Servicing Ltd now has a full-time opening for a Marine Technician to join their growing team.
- The Marine Technician will be based in the workshop in Burmarrad and will be responsible for the repair and restoration of equipment, with a primary concentration on marine equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and identify potential problems.
- Using manufacturer guidance and diagnostic tools, troubleshoot equipment operation and performance issues.
- Perform and support new equipment installation.
- Any ad hoc work that may arise as a result of corporate constraints
The selected candidate would ideally have:
- 1 – 3 years of relevant job experience.
- A diploma in mechanical/marine engineering or the equivalent is required.
- The ability to operate independently as well as as part of a team.
- English fluency.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
Big Ben Interiors Ltd in Malta is searching for a full-time Installer to join their team.
- Previous familiarity with power tools is required.
- Be organized, flexible, and capable of working on your own initiative while paying close attention to detail.
- A valid C license is required.
- A team player is required.
- English proficiency is required. Fluency in Maltese will be an advantage.
Big Ben Furnishings Ltd.: Founded in 1955 by the late Carmelo Gauci, the Big Ben Group has been synonymous with high-quality fabrics and furnishings over the years.
3. Skilled Labourer (Shutterer/Steel Fixer)
Zrar Ltd in Malta is now recruiting for a full-time Skilled Labourer (Shutterer/Steel Fixer) to join their team.
Job Role: As a major institution in the local construction civil engineering business, the company has a strong reputation for quality and client satisfaction. As part of our growth strategy, we are recruiting.
- Assisting in the development of structures for residential, commercial, and construction sites
- Concrete, grouting, cement, sand, and/or plaster mixing and pumping
- Using any tools and/or machines required to perform the task at hand
- The application of concrete and asphalt to roads.
- Previous construction experience would be considered advantageous.
- Candidates who can operate heavy plant machinery will be preferred.
- Candidates who have a driver’s license and their own transportation will be preferred.
- The successful candidate must be willing to perform manual skilled work such as rust cutting, steel repair, and fitter-related work.
- Concrete work, curb laying, and pre-cast work could all be part of the job.
Workplace Conditions in Malta
The average Maltese workweek lasts 40 hours. Office hours are typically from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, several iGaming companies are recognized for their flexible hours.
You are legally entitled to 26 days of vacation and 14 public holidays (unless they fall on a Saturday or Sunday). Furthermore, due to Malta’s social security system, you are entitled to two weeks of sick leave every year. Women are entitled to 14 weeks of paid maternity leave and four weeks of unpaid leave.
The standard probation period is six months, during which time the employer is not required to offer a reason for termination. The amount of notice required after passing probation is determined by how long you have worked there.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED