February 22nd, 2020 at 06:07 pm
- Company: Barry Callebaut Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 11,000 passionate Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
Child Labour Remediation Officer, Kumasi – Ghana
Barry Callebaut, the world’s largest cocoa and chocolate producer, is seeking to recruit Child Labour Remediation Officer to work with households and cocoa farmers on child protection and related social interventions in targeted cocoa farming communities in Ghana to ensure sustainability of the cocoa sector.
We Have Committed To Four Bold Targets That Address The Biggest Sustainability Challenges In The Chocolate Supply Chain By 2025
“Forever Chocolate” is our ambition to make sustainable chocolate the norm by 2025.
- We will eradicate child labor from our supply chain
- We will lift more than 500,000 cocoa farmers out of poverty
- We will become carbon and forest positive
- We will have 100% sustainable ingredients in all of our products
The position is embedded in Barry Callebaut’s Ghana local sustainability team, with direct reporting to the FC Pilots / Sustainable livelihoods Manager, under the Sustainability Business Division and the Child labour Remediation Officer will be the responsible person to focus on Barry Callebaut Zero Child labour initiative to reduce child labour incidence in the Company supply chain in Ghana. The Child labour Remediation Officer will be responsible for overall project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of the project. S/he will establish and maintain systems for project operations; ensure that all cooperative agreement deadlines are met and targets are achieved; coordinate and maintain working relationships with project stakeholders (including government entities, partner company, sub-grantees and/or subcontractors); lead collaborative initiatives with relevant government ministries and officials; and oversee the preparation and submission of technical and financial reports to management.
In Particular, The Child Labour Remediation Officer Will
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Coordinate the roll-out of the Child-Labour Monitoring and Remediation System in defined farmers groups in Ghana, including recruit and oversee the training of field staff, coordinate community awareness raising sessions and ensure timely data collection.
- Aggregate, review and analyse the data collected to be presented in comprehensive reports.
- Document lessons learned and coordinate the development of recommendations for sustainable child labour remediation
- Maintain working relationships with the partner company and all projects on child labour stakeholders; engage in coalition building and public-private partnerships promotion.
- Develop and oversee the programme’s annual planning and the timely, high quality implementation of activities and deliverables.
- Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of projects implementation.
- Oversee the programme budget and ensure that all financial activity is carried out in accordance with annual budget allocations and BC policy.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate programme, financial, and procurement reports to donors/clients.
- Maintain close communication with donor/clients, reporting regularly for formal review sessions and providing ongoing, informal updates of program progress.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and information to national and local government officials.
- Undertake regular field visits to the different project locations in order to assess progress, identify implementation problems, advocate for consensus building and take corrective measures.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED ACADEMIC & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
Degree level required, in international development, management, social science, human rights, education, economic development, law, public policy, or other related field of study. Successful candidates will have proven leadership and project management skills as well as experience in implementing child protection programmes, preferably those aimed at combatting child labour and improving livelihoods in Ghana/West Africa. Fluency in English is required, knowledge of Akan languages of Ghana, including Twi, Asante and Fante is preferred.
Essential Experience / Knowledge
- Knowledge or understanding of social, economic, and political context governing child labour issues and analysis in developing countries.
- Experience with public-private partnership building, working with labour unions and workers groups.
- Experience working with local and international private firms to address child labour in supply chains.
- Knowledge of US Government regulations, policies, and procedures or those of an equivalently complex international government funding organization.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- General knowledge of data collection and project monitoring and evaluations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Proven supervisory skills overseeing the work of multi-disciplinary technical teams, including livelihoods, vocational training, leadership, social protection and monitoring and evaluation.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of an Akan language is preferred.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Experience in project leadership role in implementing development projects relevant to international children’s issues, labour issues, and company supply chain compliance programs.
- Experience successfully managing projects supported by the private entities or similar donor agencies (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports).
- Experience with public-private partnership building, working with labour unions and workers groups, specifically in the cocoa-growing sector.
- Broad knowledge of child protection, harmful child work and social protection, and relevant socioeconomic, institutional and policy issues that are related to this area of work.
- Proven ability to manage a diverse team of professionals, with good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate/lead staff.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience working with government partners, with partner agencies, including local partners, in consortia, and relevant to child protection programming.
- Good track record working with and/or partnering with a variety of individuals and organizations of international agencies, private sector companies, and donor organizations.
- Willingness to stay and work in field locations.
- Ability to drive with a valid Ghanaian driver’s license
Interpersonal / Leadership Competencies
- The candidate should demonstrate high interest in welfare and protection issues
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills.
- Networking skills to effectively correspond with a diverse audience in different setting.
- Willing to travel extensively to the project implemented sites and able to accommodate and adjust in difficult working conditions and tough field situations.
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail, pro-activeness, creativity and reliability.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED