R4D is seeking a Programme Administrator who will be dedicated to supporting our flagship EdTech Hub Programme.
About the EdTech programme
R4D is the prime contractor for the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Directorate for Research and Innovation Hub on Technology for Education (EdTech Hub) programme.
The aim of the EdTech Hub is to empower people by giving them the evidence they need to make decisions about technology in education as part of a global non-profit partnership focusing on research, innovation and engagement. Specifically, the EdTech Hub:
- Undertakes and funds robust and rigorous research in five key topic areas.
- Delivers support in up to six core countries to develop and deliver Sandboxes to learn about technology in education in a specific environment.
- Delivers Technical Advice and Helpdesk support to FCDO, UNICEF and World Bank advisors as well as government officials on technology in education.
- Functions as a Hub, and shares a range of Learning Products to make evidence available to a wide audience.
EdTech Hub is delivered through a consortium of R4D and five core sub-contractors, two regional sub-contractors, as well as range of country and activity specific local and international sub-contractors.
From a management perspective, it is a complex programme funded by multiple donors including various departments within the FCDO, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Bank and UNICEF.
Ed Tech Hub is in the 3rd year of an anticipated 8-year funding period, with a secured budget of £24M.
A core role within the Hub Central Services team has become available.
The EdTech Hub Programme Administrator will support the Executive Director across a range of administrative tasks, specifically diary management, scheduling of meetings, collating and coordinating preparation and papers for meetings with key stakeholders and taking minutes at meetings.
The Programme Administrator will also make travel arrangements for senior staff as required and provide other logistical and administrative support on a needs basis, predominantly to the Executive Director. Some ad hoc support to the four directors of the Core Delivery Team might be required at times.
This position is home based and will report to the EdTech Hub Executive Director. The Programme Administrator will form part of the Central Services team, overseen by the Chief of Operations.
Individuals with the right to work in the US, UK or the Hub priority countries of Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania are able to apply for a staff role.
Applicants with the right to work in the Hub priority countries of Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sierra Leone will be considered for contractor roles.
The role is 50% of full time (i.e. 20 hours over a 40 hour 5 day working week). The exact hours and days will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on the needs of the programme.
Please note this role will entail working on a Wednesday morning (Washington time) every Wednesday and on Friday morning (Washington time) at least once a month when key meetings take place. As the Hub management team is split across the UK and US, work outside core working hours might be expected.
Remuneration : Salary will be market related and negotiated with the successful individual.
- Calendar management for the Executive Director, including scheduling meetings with a range of senior Hub internal and external stakeholders.
- Scheduling, co-ordinating preparation and minuting meetings.
- Scheduling meetings for the Executive Director.
- Prepare and co-ordinate preparation of correspondence, memos, documents, powerpoint slide pack and other papers for meetings, including ensuring that papers submitted by participants are appropriately formatted, spell checked and are sent to stakeholders in a timely and precise fashion.
- Attend and take minutes in a wide range of internal and external meetings; meetings can be complex and commercially sensitive in nature.
- Draft minutes and note actions from meetings, and circulate this in a timely fashion to all participants.
- Provide support to the Executive Director in acting on actions from meetings, including scheduling meetings and drafting documents etc.
- Keep track of and follow up on actions from meetings on behalf of the Executive Director, to ensure that attendees take action in a timely fashion.
- Manage the Executive Director’s email inboxes and correspondence, replying and liaising with members of staff, trustees, and external contacts
- Provide high-level and comprehensive executive support to the Executive Director, including secretarial and administrative support
- Booking US and international business travel for the Executive Director other senior staff as required
- Undertaking risk assessment for international travel and ensuring appropriate mitigation and duty of care (training will be provided)
- At least 2+ years experience in supporting senior staff in a similar role
- Proven experience of Diary management
- Planning and co-ordination of high-level meetings, including preparing documents
- The ability to take accurate and high-quality minutes in complex and large meetings
- Strong English communication skills, with the ability to draft business correspondence aimed at a wide range of senior stakeholders
- Strong ICT skills and full competence in use of MS Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PPT; experience with the Google Suite and other video conferencing software will be highly desirable
- Excellent administration, organizational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively task and organize others.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and changing environment which reflects the growth period of the Hub, and the ability to remain clear headed and calm under pressure.
- High standards of professionalism, including a diplomatic approach and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : November 11, 2021
Please note that access to a stable and reliable internet connection will be essential.
About the Organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people.
We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks.
Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds is vital to who we are and what we do.
We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED