Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
To deliver, conduct and assess theoretical and practical training administered to new employees and contractors on the aspect of mineral processing within Newmont mine
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Training Planning and Preparation
- Assist with staff training development needs and identification.
- Develop lesson plans, tailored to the Process environment within Newmont
- Conduct process induction training and other related trainings for both new hires and contractor.
- Conduct both instructor-led and face-to-face cyanide training for employees and contractors.
- Conduct Mineral Processing refresher training for current employees and contractors.
- Prepare and present reports on training outcomes for the Learning and Development Department.
- Monitor progress of process employees and contractors and provide ongoing training and instruction, as required.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mineral Processing.
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor Certification is preferable.
- Process Officer Certification (MINCOM).
- Sound theoretical, practical knowledge and understanding of large-scale gold processing.
- Sound knowledge of competency-based curricula.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in an instructional training and delivery environment and concurrent mineral processing background experience
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills.
- Incumbent may have to work additional hours and days to maintain the integrity of the training program.
- Incumbent may have to travel to domestic sites in the performance of duties.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED