Our Mission is to empower street connected children and their families in Ghana and beyond to live healthier, happier and better. Since our inception 20 years ago, we have nurtured an inclusive environment that embraces the diversity and uniqueness of everyone. Irrespective of gender, role or background, we pride our relationships on highest levels of integrity and trust.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Center Coordinator and your responsibilities are:
- As the Social Worker, you will support the center coordinator to ensure that the goals for which the center was established are reached.
- You are also expected to assess, counsel and offer advice to clients (children and their families).
- To arrange appropriate care, resources or benefits for clients.
- You will liaise with relatives, colleagues and other professionals to find appropriate interventions for clients.
- You will work with various stakeholders within and outside of the communities to bring appropriate intervention to clients.
Required Skills or Experience
In order to thrive in this role, you should bring:
- Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Integrated Development Studies
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a social organization
- Proficient knowledge of general IT systems and applications including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Good organizational skills, friendly and approachable manner
- High accuracy and quality focused mind-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to engage and liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders to build trusted relationships
- Ability to prioritize a demanding workload, multi-tasking and to work autonomously
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
- Deep knowledge of the phenomenon of street children
- Cultural sensitivity skills: The ability to work alongside people with different cultural attitudes and behaviours
- Ability to manage diversity in a socio-cultural context
- Ability to reflect
- Good at building relationship and bonding with children and family
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in the communities to meet the needs of client(children and their families).
- And, a passion for our Mission
- Ability to speak any of these Northern languages Dagbani, Builsa, Gonja and Frafra, will be an advantage.
Kindly apply through:
We strive for continuous improvements. We are learning, adapting and improving all that we do, how we do it and, who we are. This means, that in this newly created role, you will be able to shape your role in your own image, by being empowered to continuously improving the services in your scope of responsibilities. Sounds exciting? Then do not miss out on this great opportunity and apply today.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE