Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Wildlife Society Recruitment 2020.
• The role entails performing day-to-day financial accounting tasks including, processing payments, filing and document retrieval, providing data for report preparation and data input for the SIBCI Project.
• The candidate will support in budgeting, financial accounting and reporting of assigned grants.
Finance & Administrative Officer / Project Manager
Damongo / Accra
The Project Manager, Project Coordinator, M&E Specialist, Communication Specialist, Consultants, Executive Director.
maintaining sound financial and accounting systems and controls for GWS.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with GWS financial
policies and procedures.
• Prepare cheques and on-line payments for review by the Finance and Administrative Officer manager in compliance with GWS procedures and policies.
• Preparation and prompt settlement of statutory and other payroll deductions i.e. PAYE, SNNIT, Withholding tax, etc.
• Prepare GWS monthly accounts for review by the Finance & Admin Officer
• Cash flow management and bank reconciliation for all GWS accounts
• Maintain banking relationship with GWS Bankers.
• Ensure proper book of accounts are kept and maintain a sound archiving (filing and retrieval) system.
• Prepare various supporting schedules to the financial statements to facilitate annual audit and assist auditors during audits.
• Prepare end of year accruals and monthly reconciliation of the accruals and make journals where necessary.
• Prepare payroll journal and monthly reconciliation of the payroll control code.
• Perform any other reasonable duty assigned by management.
• Have working knowledge of the Tally ERP system or integrated computer systems.
• Have practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various Microsoft
Office applications especially Excel.
• Be able to work under pressure and attend to any ad hoc functions as may be required.
• Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
• A University degree in Finance / Accounting.
• Experience in overseeing financial and accounting systems, compliance reviews, audits, financial
control reporting, and risk management.
• Experience in managing grants from development partners will be an added advantage.
Accra & Damongo
• A covering letter explaining why you are applying for the position and relating to your experience
and skills to the roles indicated in the application pack (include your salary expectations) in your
• Full CV and contact details for two referees Email your application to:
or deliver by hand to GWS addressing it to The
22 January, 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED